Future of the National team

Dominic94

If we run a 4-2-3-1 as it seems our best XI going forward still looks good enough to make it to the Hex and potentially qualify. On paper we should have the 4th best roster in Concacaf.

Borjan

Johnson  James  Vitoria  De Jong

Airfield  Teibert 

Aird          Osorio        Hoilett

Larin

Ricketts, Akindele and Jackson are terrific quality subs.

That honestly should be a good enough roster.  If Davies gets his citizenship and displaces Teibert then we get even stronger but we do have the talent on paper to be the 4th best team.  It's just a matter of getting people healthy and in a position to play.  

We should be complete smashing through the minnows and mid tier teams of Concacaf.

7 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

If we run a 4-2-3-1 as it seems our best XI going forward still looks good enough to make it to the Hex and potentially qualify. On paper we should have the 4th best roster in Concacaf.

Borjan

Johnson  James  Vitoria  De Jong

Airfield  Teibert 

Aird          Osorio        Hoilett

Larin

Ricketts, Akindele and Jackson are terrific quality subs.

That honestly should be a good enough roster.  If Davies gets his citizenship and displaces Teibert then we get even stronger but we do have the talent on paper to be the 4th best team.  It's just a matter of getting people healthy and in a position to play.  

We should be complete smashing through the minnows and mid tier teams of Concacaf.

I agree with you on the attacking power. But that back line is not a top 4 back line.

It's...pretty grim.

How weird to complain about having too many flare players but not enough steady, boring defenders. this is like Canadian team bizarro world.

On 3/3/2017 at 11:21 AM, Dominic94 said:

So I was thinking about it a bit last night, I think we're in decent shape, we've got some decent young players at multiple positions, I'll try to make a depth chart.

GK

Crepeau

LB

?

RB

?

CB

Morgan

Henry

James

M

Piette

Chapman

Laryea

Osorio

Davies

Bustos

Akindele

F

Larin

Akindele

Cavini

Wright

sorry about the spaces and if I'm lacking names ?

thoughts ? Input ? Who are we missing ? Any up and coming guys to get excited about ? 

Sorry if there's another topic like this, I'm a noob here.

Dominic - quick question. How long have you been following the CanMNT? :)

On 3/11/2017 at 7:32 AM, Alex said:

I think Petrasso needs more mention on here. He's still only 21 has played in the championship, has scored on loan spells in league one and has played exceptionally well for Canada from u17 to u23. This guy has skills, he came back in January after 6 months off due to injury that was just after his first call up vs Azerbaijan. I really hope he's at the gold cup. 

I feel a midfield with him, hoilett and ricketts up front beside larin is a good mix of speed, technical ball control and finishing. 

Petrasso did well vs. Azerbaijan, I agree. I neglected to mention him in another post about who showed well in that game. He appears to have a future in our 1st team and this game in general.

I don't think I saw Doughty mentioned anywhere - has he flopped or said NO to Canada completely?

1 hour ago, ThiKu said:

Petrasso did well vs. Azerbaijan, I agree. I neglected to mention him in another post about who showed well in that game. He appears to have a future in our 1st team and this game in general.

I don't think I saw Doughty mentioned anywhere - has he flopped or said NO to Canada completely?

He wasn't called to the U-20 team for the CONCACAF championships/WCQ. People on page 17 of that thread were speculating he just wasn't good enough, and not playing with his club team.

Archived