Canadians in MLS 2017 season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJH plays 76, Piette 90, Osorio & Ricketts 90, Edwards 21 in a wild 5-3 Montreal win in probably TFC's worst home performance since they lost 4-2 to Vancouver last year (with some comical defending that was reminiscent of that game as well). AJH gets two goals and an assist, Ricketts gets two goals, Edwards gets one assist and Osorio sets up all three TFC goals and gets no assists for whatever reason I can't figure out. Ricketts & Osorio were probably the only two TFC starters who weren't poor on the night.

The biggest disgrace though is that Hamilton is nailed to the bench so that we can watch Ben Spencer miss about 4 headers (although I will say that he probably should have earned a PK on one of his missed headers). Chapman also remained on the bench to watch Armando Cooper help set up AJH's second goal.

Congrats to Richie Laryea for picking up his first MLS assist on the 6th Orlando goal in their 6-1 crushing of NE (who were down to 10 men by the 11th minute). He played the last 19 minutes. Larin only played the last 10 minutes but also picked up an assist.

AJH plays 90 for Montreal & Bernier 29 in a 1-0 loss to the Awuah-less NYCFC. Piette stays on the bench. No Akindele dressed tonight for Dallas tonight either in their 2-0 win

Good to see Laryea getting on the field and producing. Knock'em dead man!

Teibert goes 90 in the Caps 0-3 loss to Seattle. Very good passing but over commits trying to get intercepts.

Davies gets 23. Although I think he currently is better at wing play the Caps seem to be using him in a Reyna type role as they both have similar attributes.

Marcel goes 90, Davies 84, Teibert 6 in our 1-0 win over SKC. A sign of improvement in Davies game in that he didn't gas around the 60-70 minute mark. I think we are seeing the reverse Rob Friend here. Scores for his country but snake bitten in his club. Nice break in and ... keeper makes a great 1 v 1 save ... sigh. Next week for sure!

Ricketts & Osorio split 90 minutes (Osorio comes on for Ricketts) for TFC. Hamilton is nearly subbed on when NYC levels the score at 2-2 but a minute later TFC is awarded & PK and scores giving them the lead again and so Vanney changed his mind & eventually brought Cheyrou on as the third sub. Edwards was left on the bench. Morgan & Chapman & Camargo were all there in the post-match on field celebrations for the supporters shield but did not dress.

17 minutes ago, saladroit said:

De Jong and Davies get starts for Vancouver against New York Red Bulls.

Excellent! With Waston, Bolanos (CRC) Reyna (PER) and Marinovic (NZ) away on international duty I expect to see Teibert make an appearance off the bench! Even if it's such a deep midfield in which there's a lot of rotation 

• 2 weeks later...

Osorio & Edwards combine for 90 minutes (Osorio started and was subbed out for Edwards just after TFC tied it up late) in TFC's 2-2 season ending draw against Atlanta. Ricketts was left on the bench while Chapman, Hamiliton & Morgan weren't dressed.

5 Canucks saw the field for Montreal in their 3-2 loss - Bernier started & scored on a PK which AJH drew - he was subbed off in the 2nd half for Shamit Shome who finally made his MLS debut. AJH, Piette & Crepeau went the distance which Crepeau making a bit of an inexperienced mistake on the winning goal (though the NE player shouldn't have been allowed to waltz down the field like that to pick his spot unpressured).

Of note in Orlando, Johnson is still suspended for not assaulting his wife and Larin was out injured with a hip flexor. WIthout them Orlando got pasted 6-1 but Richie Laryea played 90 for I think the first time in his career - he had a positive Opta stat at least (which couldn't be easy when your team gives up 6).

Akindele did not get off the bench for Dallas in their 5-1 destruction of LA but they still miss the playoffs despite having a winning record while San Jose gets in ahead of them despite having a losing record. Weird.

No Awuah dressed for NYCFC who get the other bye in the East.

No Canucks played for Vancouver today, disappointingly. Only De Jong was even dressed.

17 hours ago, TRM said:

Against Columbus in the 0-1 loss he came in for 33 minutes as a sub. Nothing in their 1-6 loss, not even on the bench.

He was suspended for the game. Yellow card accumulation

Notice of Suspension

Player Suspension (as of October 20, 2017) Reason
Leandro Gonzalez Pirez (ATL) 10/22 vs. TOR Yellow card accumulation
Victor Cabrera (MTL) 10/22 vs. MTL Yellow card accumulation
Will Johnson (ORL) 10/22 at PHI Yellow card accumulation

• 3 weeks later...

Osorio and Ricketts go 90 and Raheem Edwards plays about 12 (if you include injury time) as TFC draw 0-0 on the road in leg 1 vs Columbus. Edwards made a game saving save of a shot from one of TFC's many late game suicidal giveaways by the likes of Moor, Cooper and Bradley - can't remember who it was on that occasion. I know TFC were missing their star strikers but I was disappointed that they didn't even try to get that away goal

48 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

They did what they needed to do.  Interesting that Osorio is now gets some serious playing time and outlasts Delgado on the pitch.  And Raheem plays - wow where did that come from and thank goodness that he did.  Wonder how many will see the field in the final games?

It came in part from Morrow getting injured. As for Delgado, he's been poor now in every playoff game this year. I wasn't surprised that he was finally subbed out of a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived