Canadians in MLS 2017 season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies in for 14 minutes as a sub not his usual 30. He played Tuesday so maybe it is the reason. We'll see next week.

MDJ in for the last 1+

That was it for our CanCon in a 3-1 win over Atlanta.

Larin (71) & Johnson still going for Orlando as they are are down to 9 men and still 0-0 in the 80+ minute

Favorite comment from the feed "Will Johnson has been so good on the penalty killing unit here. His Canadian-ness is showing"

Game ends 0-0. 26 and 66 minute red cards put Orlando in a deep hole but they hold on for the draw.

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Johnson should be Canada's captain. A great leader in Orlando and a winner

I don't know how anybody can watch that game and say he doesn't deserve captain. He plays so hard, set's such a good example, and IMO is the best Canadian in MLS this season.

Akindele got the start for Dallas tonight and was subbed off after 57 minutes in a 2-0 loss in Portland. That would lend some credence to the theory that he was "cut" from the Canada roster for the friendly for the sake of appearing for his club team who unlike TFC & Vancouver, didn't have this week off.

Lefevre was the only Canadian dressed for Montreal in a 1-1 draw but did not see the field- Tabla apparently ruled out through injury at the last minute.

Given that Shome would have been an every game starter in Edmonton this year, I think there is lots to be disappointed about with his lack of any sort of game action this year. Yes, the injury he suffered is a big factor. But he has been healthy for weeks and is currently rotting away down the depth chart.

It's normal that he is behind those five. He won't be displacing a backup like Mallace who has close to 80 mls games mid season. With Bernier at the gold cup he might get a chance. Otherwise they should look to loan him anywhere that there is a need in usl or nasl

Tesho goes 87, Teibert 59 and Davies 31 in the 1-1 Dallas at Vancouver draw.

Davies makes things happen and his relentless pursuit of plays to recover the ball reminds me of Koffie so much that I no longer miss Gersh.

4 hours ago, shermanator said:

Given that Shome would have been an every game starter in Edmonton this year, I think there is lots to be disappointed about with his lack of any sort of game action this year. Yes, the injury he suffered is a big factor. But he has been healthy for weeks and is currently rotting away down the depth chart.

I don't think Shome was ever expected to play serious minutes this year. Hopefully he can get a loan to a better USL side.

11 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

I don't think Shome was ever expected to play serious minutes this year. Hopefully he can get a loan to a better USL side.

Agreed, and that is why from the developmental point of view, I thought that the decision to move to MLS was a questionable one. He gave up a starting spot in NASL (along with another year of education) for a spot in a draft. From the financial point of view, it was a smart move.

He really needs to get loaned out somewhere for this season to not be a write off. I would think Edmonton would want him back if they didn't have to pay his full salary.

AJH gets his 5th of the season and is subbed out in the 55th minute with his team tied 1-1 with Columbus. They go on to lose 4-1. Lefevre played 90 for Montreal and Tabla also came on in the 2nd.

With Larin suspended Orlando still manages to play 2 Canucks. Johnson starts and congrats to Richie Laryea on his first team debut in the 64th minute. A shame that his team was trailing 4-0 to Chicago at the time. 

Davies goes the full 90 and MDJ comes on to replace an injured Nerwinski for the last 11 minutes.

One RB suspended and I don't know how bad the injury is to Nerwinski so we might see MDJ at RB. Never knew he played there. Looked okay for his brief 11 minute stint.

Davies gave away the ball just outside our 18 and lost possession several times but his positives (offense & defense) clearly out weighed those. Very good contribution but looked gassed for the last 20 minutes. His high octane style seems to hit a wall around the 70 minute mark.

33 minutes ago, TRM said:

Davies goes the full 90 and MDJ comes on to replace an injured Nerwinski for the last 11 minutes.

One RB suspended and I don't know how bad the injury is to Nerwinski so we might see MDJ at RB. Never knew he played there. Looked okay for his brief 11 minute stint.

And de Jong could be going with the national team this week. Camp starts on Wednesday as indicated in this. 

http://canadasoccer.com/?t=project&sid=1221

27 minutes ago, TRM said:

Davies gave away the ball just outside our 18 and lost possession several times but his positives (offense & defense) clearly out weighed those. Very good contribution but looked gassed for the last 20 minutes. His high octane style seems to hit a wall around the 70 minute mark.

Same old with Davies. Impressive first hour offensively, gives the ball away a little too easily at times and his final ball isn't there yet, but does his job on defense. Helped create the Brek penalty. Last half hour he tries to dribble through players and doesn't track back. On the last goal he just starts walking back to midfield after his man gets past him. The goal wasn't his fault, but come on. He clearly isn't a 90' player right now, at least not in this two way role Robbo has been playing him in. 

20 hours ago, Blackdude said:

And de Jong could be going with the national team this week. Camp starts on Wednesday as indicated in this. 

http://canadasoccer.com/?t=project&sid=1221

Perhaps a dumb question but are we able to head to Alliston to watch the team train?  Have some holiday time next week and what better way to celebrate the 150th by hanging out the men's national team!

43 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Perhaps a dumb question but are we able to head to Alliston to watch the team train?  Have some holiday time next week and what better way to celebrate the 150th by hanging out the men's national team!

The fields are along HWY 89 (?) near New Tecumseth at the Nottawassaga Inn so there's nothing stopping you from standing on the road and watching. I know some V's have gone before.

Archived