Canada vs Scotland

Ruffian

7 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Cause Piette has been playing first team footie all season and Bustos has only had a couple of minutes months go?

Piette has been playing first team football for how many years now....and I haven't seen any progress since his first game...he's going on 30 caps. Someone else needs the exact same opportunity.

and yea MLS season started 2 games ago, so no starts for Tissot, Leverferve, Fisk, Ledgerwood?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

----------------------Haber-----------------

Hoilett---Arfield---Piette-------Aird

-------------------Straith--------------------

CorbOng---Lefvere--James--Ledg

---------------------Leutwiler---------------

Assuming we keep playing the 4-1-4-1. I'd prefer to switch to a 4-2-3-1 for this game and drop Piette beside Straith.

14 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Piette has been playing first team football for how many years now....and I haven't seen any progress since his first game...he's going on 30 caps. Someone else needs the exact same opportunity.

I don't agree with your assessment, but even if I would...the fact that some player isn't good enough doesn't mean there's a better option available. 

CSA: Hello SFA.

SFA: Hey CSA, its been a while!

CSA: We were wondering if you'd like to play a game with us.

SFA: Well, I'm not sure it would be an even match. We are ranked 40 positions ahead of you in the world rankings.

CSA: Yeah but we would give you home field advantage and bring our B team.

SFA: You guys are hilarious! Sure, let's do it.

SFA;  Course, can no manage an appearance fee yuh understand?

CSA;  Don't worry about it.  We're just glad for the opportunity. 

SFA;  Ah that's grand then.  Promise we'll get yah at the preferred rentals rate for the change rooms at Easter Road.  Least we can do.

CSA;  Ummm...

SFA; Now, now.  Don't be proud.  We insist.  Can't have your lads getting kitted up in the coach before the match now can we?  Not very dignified is it?  Not for a senior international. 

CSA;  Well, I think most of them are kind of used to it by now I'd think, but still.

SFA:  So we'll just have your credit card number and it's all set. 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-vs-canada-set-worst-10054273

Match should be broadcast by Sky Sport according to this article.

Also, embarrassingly enough, this fixture is set to be the worst attended home Scotland match in 100 years as only 5000 tickets have been sold so far.

http://www.skysports.com/football/scotland-vs-canada/369523

12:45 PST start if I have converted correctly.

Two days to go and I still haven't seen anything from the CSA about even a webcast, or have I missed something? They did just tweet a picture of Fraser Aird and the coaching staff standing in front of a canon on top of a castle, which is nice, but with a Skysports broadcast you'd think a Canadian broadcast could have been in the cards - but a webcast ought to be a minimum. A legal webcast that is.....

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Two days to go and I still haven't seen anything from the CSA about even a webcast, or have I missed something? They did just tweet a picture of Fraser Aird and the coaching staff standing in front of a canon on top of a castle, which is nice, but with a Skysports broadcast you'd think a Canadian broadcast could have been in the cards - but a webcast ought to be a minimum. A legal webcast that is.....

We (Canada v Scotland) seem to be up against the US/Japan World Baseball Championship on (all ???) the regional Sportnet channels.  Sportsnet One has vital (taped) dart competition.  While TSN seemingly showing American talking heads.  Nice.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Ask and you shall receive. I think this must have just been posted.

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-to-face-scotland-in-men-s-international-friendly-match-p160667

"The 2017 match will be broadcast live on CanadaSoccer.com and TSN GO at 15.45 ET / 12.45 PT this Wednesday. Canada Soccer will provide in-match coverage from Easter Road Stadium in Edinburgh via Canada Soccer's digital channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Flickr."

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Ask and you shall receive. I think this must have just been posted.

http://canadasoccer.com/canada-to-face-scotland-in-men-s-international-friendly-match-p160667

"The 2017 match will be broadcast live on CanadaSoccer.com and TSN GO at 15.45 ET / 12.45 PT this Wednesday. Canada Soccer will provide in-match coverage from Easter Road Stadium in Edinburgh via Canada Soccer's digital channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Flickr."

Thanks. I seem to be getting the knack for whining about things at precisely the right time. 44 years of practice at it has paid off!

8 hours ago, ray said:

We (Canada v Scotland) seem to be up against the US/Japan World Baseball Championship on (all ???) the regional Sportnet channels.  Sportsnet One has vital (taped) dart competition.  While TSN seemingly showing American talking heads.  Nice.

Cpl will be broadcasting on tln while tsn will be airing talking heads and sportsnet shows jays highlights and pretaped cycling

40 minutes ago, wrightanomaly said:

After a few great days in Speyside, focus now shifts to Edinburgh & the match on Wednesday.  I can't wait for my first road match supporting Canada. Where are people meeting pre-game?

Yea that's what I want to know too.  

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/north-vancouver-fullback-lavere-corbin-110004152.html

North Vancouver fullback La'Vere Corbin-Ong takes first step with Canada

thecanadianpress_story.jpg
The Canadian PressMar 21, 2017, 12:00 PM

It is a name to remember — La'Vere Lawrence Corbin-Ong.

And with any luck Wednesday, the London-born, North Vancouver-raised left fullback will be able to put Canadian international before it.

His friends back home call him Lav, for short. In Germany, where he plays for FSV Frankfurt in the third division, his teammates call him Dante after the Brazilian who use to patrol the defence for Bayern Munich.

"Because no one can say La'Vere," Corbin-Ong said. "And he also has curly hair (read Afro) and we kind of look similar."

Archived