Canada vs Scotland

Ruffian

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I thought we were still on to play in the Aspire tournament in Qatar? Do you know something?

Haber's comments last month about the camp hinted at it being a u23 team also Findlay wants to see a lot more young guys play

7 hours ago, matty said:

Haber's comments last month about the camp hinted at it being a u23 team also Findlay wants to see a lot more young guys play

I thought Habers comments were before it was revealed that there would also be a U23 team going to Qatar?

4 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I thought Habers comments were before it was revealed that there would also be a U23 team going to Qatar?

I'm pretty sure we knew about the U23's, not sure if the CSA had announced anything about it yet. If I remember correctly though, Haber's comment was along the lines of expecting to not get called up in March because it would be a younger team selected.

No idea what to expect for this camp. Options for our back line are very thin.

I'm sure Cavallini will say no, but..

Going for the win for Arfield:

--------------Cavallini--------------Larin----------------
Hoilett-------------------Arfield------------------Davies
------------------------Hutchinson----------------------
De Jong--------James--------Straith-----------Johnson

If Floro was still here:

--------------------------Haber-------------------------
Hoilett-----------------Hainault----------------Bekker
De Jong-Hutchinson-Straith-Straith-Piette-Ledgerwood

Glad to see Jackson get called up. He has probably faced several Scottish NT players in EPL and Championship action over the years. His experience will be valuable.

He's on something like 32 appearnces and 6 goals for Walsall (who are having a good season), so I think he's earned his selection. 

Looks like a first choice squad for them. 13 players from the English Championship, 8 from the EPL and 5 from the SPL (all from Celtic). 

1 player from RB Leipzig as well, who were pushing Bayern for the title last time I checked in.

As far as ranking points are concerned, we've reached a point in our ranking where simply playing the match means we increase our points. lol (a silver lining maybe to some of the 2014 points falling off the calculation as new matches are played)

According to the prognosis tool on the FIFA website, we would gain 6 points with a loss (taking us from 293 to 299), a draw would take us to 312, and a win would give us 339.

Archived