Toronto CPL

madmonte

5 hours ago, matty said:

Could this be the start? http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/unveiling-visionary-waterfront-development-plan-for-port-credit-former-industrial-lands-to-be-transformed-620608633.html

For more than 3 decades a landmark property on the Lake Ontario shore in Mississauga has sat idle, residents wondering when and how it could be brought to life. The long wait is over.

The West Village Partners (WVP) are honoured to join Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Ward 1 Councillor Jim Tovey and Janice Baker, City Manager/CAO to speak about a visionary development proposal for the Port Credit waterfront.

At a news conference alongside the Mayor and Councillor, WVP spokespeople Ken Tanenbaum and Frank Giannone will outline the draft master plan for a mixed-used development on former industrial lands at 70 Mississauga Road South.  They will also speak about the community engagement process for the residents of Port Credit.

I read a more detailed news article after the presentation. It's up in the air if a sports facility would be apart of this. I think it's a safe conclusion that it would be on the low end of this consortium's priorities.

6 hours ago, matty said:

Could this be the start? http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/unveiling-visionary-waterfront-development-plan-for-port-credit-former-industrial-lands-to-be-transformed-620608633.html

For more than 3 decades a landmark property on the Lake Ontario shore in Mississauga has sat idle, residents wondering when and how it could be brought to life. The long wait is over.

The West Village Partners (WVP) are honoured to join Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Ward 1 Councillor Jim Tovey and Janice Baker, City Manager/CAO to speak about a visionary development proposal for the Port Credit waterfront.

At a news conference alongside the Mayor and Councillor, WVP spokespeople Ken Tanenbaum and Frank Giannone will outline the draft master plan for a mixed-used development on former industrial lands at 70 Mississauga Road South.  They will also speak about the community engagement process for the residents of Port Credit.

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2017/05/port-credit-72-acre-imperial-oil-site-slated-development

No soccer mentioned

In Globe and Mail article, TWP ceo Eric Perez mentions that in the future they may look to build their own ground or renovate Lamport. This could be a good partnership for a Toronto CPL club. 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/toronto-wolfpack-cross-the-atlantic-for-rugby-league-home-opener-this-weekend/article34868164/

On 01/05/2017 at 7:17 PM, Macksam said:

While the location has Go Train and in the future Brampton/Mississauga LRT accessibility, it would make sense to have the stadium more north along the proposed LRT imo. 

Any word on them giving Hershey Centre a proper seating around the field?

It seems I have been obsessed with hockey sweaters recently. I'm thinking a soccer version of the alternative New York Rangers uniform, which features a darker shade of blue and cream coloured off-white instead of regular white would be sharp for our Toronto CPL club. Even go as far as having Toronto or dare I say Blizzard etched diagonally downwards from left to right.

image.jpeg

Edited by Macksam

On May 2, 2017 at 6:04 AM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

In Globe and Mail article, TWP ceo Eric Perez mentions that in the future they may look to build their own ground or renovate Lamport. This could be a good partnership for a Toronto CPL club. 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/toronto-wolfpack-cross-the-atlantic-for-rugby-league-home-opener-this-weekend/article34868164/

To me this seems like the easy solution. Team  up with Toronto CPL owners to split renovation cost to make it class stadium.

They're installing new turf next year, I dream that they would go desso grass master.

11 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Terrible name.  Terrible location.    

....Sigh.

Ive tried to get behind this, but first the name, then the location ....I definitely feel alienated, or maybe I'm just not weird enough? I don't know. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

What location? This team hasn't built a stadium yet. If you all are referring to the bar we're meeting at today, we're going to be moving around the city to accommodate everybody for future events. When it comes to the name, adjustments can be made. Relax everyone.

I definitely want to do future things downtown Toronto or uptown, near Yonge and Avenue Road something close to everyone.

Anyhow, besides Matty and I, who's down for tonight? @BrennanFan @Greatest Cockney Rip Off @Ansem @Jahinho Guerro

Edited by Macksam

10 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

....Sigh.

Ive tried to get behind this, but first the name, then the location ....I definitely feel alienated, or maybe I'm just not weird enough? I don't know. 

I can see Bill Manning laughing at us looking this over and going "These muthafuckas can't even get a bar right for a meet up,"

:lol::D

7 minutes ago, matty said:

We'll be going until around 10ish I think. Again Arizona's 7ish tonight

Yes, please come out even if you can't make it by 7 to everyone on here. We'll decide on better locations for future outings, names, colours and the like...and we'll talk about Monaco's incredible come back against Juventus today. ;)

Edited by Macksam

Arizona's is practically in Brampton.  I'll go next time if the location is more central and it's not on a weeknight ffs.  I suggest Scallywags as that has been the home of the Toronto Vs for years now.

(And for the love of God consider a name change, what the hell does Cronenberg have to do with Football, Christ on a bike help me out here).