Toronto CPL

madmonte

Again, a rebrand would occur if the team plummets in both performance and in the stands, which aren't mutually exclusive. However, The Raptors' attendance doesn't dip to any significant degree even when they are bad so I agree, no rebrand would ever likely happen.

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎19 at 0:07 PM, matty said:

If they did rebrand it would not be to the Huskies. Also rebrands are not that common. 

No doubt about that. They would probably do a fan vote thing with the hopes that Reddit users don't hijack it and turn it into something funny like the Toronto Neo Nazis or something lol. As for rebrands, they are quite common in the NHL, and especially so during the 90s, with the Washington Capitals, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Dallas Stars, Phoenix Coyotes, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks Vancouver Canucks (too many times to count) and even the Toronto Maple Leafs (slightly) this year altering their logo or dress in a significant way. Yes, name changes on the other hand seldom happen. The only time if IIRC they have occurred is when a team moved into a brand spanking new arena (KC Wizards to Sporting KC and ironically Washington Bullets to Washington Wizards). I don't think the Raps name would change but switching to blue...who knows. I think MLSE should realize by looking at the Blue Jays that the colour of the uniforms have no bearing if people consider the franchise Canada's team or not.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

No doubt about that. They would probably do a fan vote thing with the hopes that Reddit users don't hijack it and turn it into something funny like the Toronto Neo Nazis or something lol. As for rebrands, they are quite common in the NHL, and especially so during the 90s, with the Washington Capitals, Buffalo Sabres, Calgary Flames, Dallas Stars, Phoenix Coyotes, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks Vancouver Canucks (too many times to count) and even the Toronto Maple Leafs (slightly) this year altering their logo or dress in a significant way. Yes, name changes on the other hand seldom happen. The only time if IIRC they have occurred is when a team moved into a brand spanking new arena (KC Wizards to Sporting KC and ironically Washington Bullets to Washington Wizards). I don't think the Raps name would change but switching to blue...who knows. I think MLSE should realize by looking at the Blue Jays that the colour of the uniforms have no bearing if people consider the franchise Canada's team or not.

Ohh i thought by rebrand you were talking about the whole shebang including name. 

21 hours ago, matty said:

So anyone wanna have a Cronenbergs meeting and drink beer and talk CPL?

Absolutely. For an accessible neutral location in the GTA, is everybody cool with Arizona's near Pearson? Unless, somebody has a better location or they just hate the Airport area.

3 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Absolutely. For an accessible neutral location in the GTA, is everybody cool with Arizona's near Pearson? Unless, somebody has a better location or they just hate the Airport area.

I'm ok with that if it's a weekday evening or a Saturday night.

I wanted to pitch a few topics

1) How to get to @mlsintoronto to come and join us for a short meeting
2) Should we go with 2 groups (I know the Renegades of Fut were Twitter before the Cronenbergs)? Maybe an east/west thing.
3) Should we also support that Arena soccer team?

6 minutes ago, matty said:

I'm ok with that if it's a weekday evening or a Saturday night.

I wanted to pitch a few topics

1) How to get to @mlsintoronto to come and join us for a short meeting
2) Should we go with 2 groups (I know the Renegades of Fut were Twitter before the Cronenbergs)? Maybe an east/west thing.
3) Should we also support that Arena soccer team?

Definitely the weekday evenings or Saturday night work and is preferable. 

1) Private message him. If he's in town, great. If not, we can reach him another time.

2) Let's invite everybody out and if some can't make it, we'll organize future events closer to them.

3) They play with walls....but I guess we can reach out and try to overlap with any budding fanbase they may have.

1 minute ago, Macksam said:

3) They play with walls....but I guess we can reach out and try to overlap with any budding fanbase they may have.

I made a jokish Tweet (referencing a joke BBTB made about the ThunderHawks) and the Major Arena Soccer League liked the Tweet and followed The Cronenbergs right away. I think we have to now.

5 minutes ago, matty said:

I made a jokish Tweet (referencing a joke BBTB made about the ThunderHawks) and the Major Arena Soccer League liked the Tweet and followed The Cronenbergs right away. I think we have to now.

Lol, ah, I suppose it's Mi Casa Es Su Casa now with them.

I had a dream last night...true story.

I was watching a CPL championship match from Christie Pits in a stadium fitting the pit. B)

I know the chances of that happening are very slim but location wide, the marketable name of the place "The Pit" would make it an awesome place for a team.

Right next to Christie Subway station on Bloor and Christie street with the 126 bus. Easy access with all the bars and restaurants on Bloor Street West. Midtown Toronto from east to west would have it's team.

3hCC_ChristiePitsParkGoogle_0730___Galle

Iconic park

it's literally a huge pit with lots of space to build a soccer pitch (baseball would have to go somewhere else)

Cr3TnHtWcAAHgIV.jpg

I know that unless the owner:

•Pays for all the upgrades that the city has planned for Christie Pits

Page11Christie-Pts_Communit.jpg

•Attractive structure that lowers the noise from the stadium (some type of soundproof roof structure)

•Making sure that the only access to the stadium is from Bloor Street West,an already very busy street or from in front the subway exit.

img_3865.jpg

5472088429_80a74cd72a_b.jpg

•Give access to the pitch to the community

•building a new diamond somewhere else for the baseball team to relocate

•Find a way to restrict car traffic and parking in the area during game time by encouraging people to transit there

•No city subsidy

Unlikely to happen...i know but one can dream...

Edited by Ansem

15 hours ago, grande said:

I really dislike the idea of moving a century old baseball field...

Yeah but do people go to see the local teams there? Location wise, I couldn't find better than Christie Pits, otherwise, Downsview Park is the best choice. It's massive.

Downsview Park

• Near Yonge & Sheppard (North York Centre) and York Region. North York and York Region have over 1.2M people

4800-yonge-street-condos-aerial.jpeg

• Sheppard West and Dowsnview Park Subway Station with bus service to North York Centre area

downsview-IMG_2911.JPG

C29N8_jXUAIUVYT.jpg

• GO Barrie-Union Line Stop will be at Downsview Park

2017111-downsview-aerial.jpg?h=2500&cmd=

Downsview+Park+GO+Station.jpg

• Tons of land that will be surrounded by new neighborhoods

dwnpk-map.png

cover.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x624.jpg

downsview-3_fs.jpg

imi-downsview-001.jpg

downsview_park_in_2003.jpg.size.custom.c

Across Downsview Park next to Sheppard West Station

677c1265-fee0-4bcc-af03-aeddcba57d1f.jpg

Could this be the start? http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/unveiling-visionary-waterfront-development-plan-for-port-credit-former-industrial-lands-to-be-transformed-620608633.html

For more than 3 decades a landmark property on the Lake Ontario shore in Mississauga has sat idle, residents wondering when and how it could be brought to life. The long wait is over.

The West Village Partners (WVP) are honoured to join Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie, Ward 1 Councillor Jim Tovey and Janice Baker, City Manager/CAO to speak about a visionary development proposal for the Port Credit waterfront.

At a news conference alongside the Mayor and Councillor, WVP spokespeople Ken Tanenbaum and Frank Giannone will outline the draft master plan for a mixed-used development on former industrial lands at 70 Mississauga Road South.  They will also speak about the community engagement process for the residents of Port Credit.