Toronto CPL

madmonte

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 7:11 PM, matty said:

TSN would care as would ESPN. Toronto is the biggest media market in the nation and is key to a decent TV deal.

I do agree the Toronto team will be one of the lower drawing teams.

exactly.

Has to include a Toronto team. Someone who will run a TO team needs to develop a relationship with TFC, a friendly one with their management. Make arrangements for loan deals, friendlies, and marketing with a good natured competitive spirit.

Torontonians have an attachment to white and blue. Maple Leafs and Jays have it...even the Raptors jumped in the bangwagon from time to time

huskies-img-1.jpg

Its a smart marketing move to have the CPL team adopt the blue and white as well

11 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Torontonians have an attachment to white and blue. Maple Leafs and Jays have it...even the Raptors jumped in the bangwagon from time to time

huskies-img-1.jpg

Its a smart marketing move to have the CPL team adopt the blue and white as well

No issue with blue but if it's a blue and white scheme I'll be bored

On 4/16/2017 at 7:48 PM, matty said:

No issue with blue but if it's a blue and white scheme I'll be bored

throw a silver or black in there, and to me thats the only colour combinations you can go with. 

As soon as red goes in there....you might as well call the team the blizzards.

On April 16, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Ansem said:

huskies-img-1.jpg

I'm wondering when MLSE will make the switch to blue permanent for the Raptors. I'm not sure if they'll change the name to the Huskies....unless the team completely bombs for a few years in performance and in the stands, which will cause them to rebrand, but switching to blue is likely. They already introduced some blue for TFC. I think it's only a matter of time before they switch them as well...make all their sporting properties one colour scheme.

Edited by Macksam

2 hours ago, Macksam said:

I'm wondering when MLSE will make the switch to blue permanent for the Raptors. I'm not sure if they'll change the name to the Huskies....unless the team completely bombs for a few years in performance and in the stands, which will cause them to rebrand, but switching to blue is likely. They already introduced some blue for TFC. I think it's only a matter of time before they switch them as well...make all their sporting properties one colour scheme.

I could see it.  really if you think about it it makes a lot more sense than raptors anyways.

12 hours ago, Alex D said:

To be fair, the dinosaur was always red. 

Yup, the dinosaur was always red... but of course they got rid of the dinosaur and only claws or claw marks are left on the logo now, which is black.

So yes, things never change.