Toronto CPL

madmonte

19 hours ago, matty said:

Booooooooooooooooooourns how does this subway-less area keeping getting everything in Toronto?

BC this is where the most people wanted it to be, as it has a strong association with football support in the city. Force of habit I guess.

However, aside from transit issues, I think we as a group need to choose a bar and make it our own and have all our meetings there consistently, and not piggy back on a bar that is already associated with a TFC SG.  This is why I wanted Duke of York, but im only 1 voice.  

Jamie if you want to change spots  go ahead, the FB event hasn't been made yet.

Edited by BrennanFan

20 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

BC this is where the most people wanted it to be, as it has a strong association with football support in the city. Force of habit I guess.

However, aside from transit issues, I think we as a group need to choose a bar and make it our own and have all our meetings there consistently, and not piggy back on a bar that is already associated with a TFC SG.  This is why I wanted Duke of York, but im only 1 voice.  

Jamie if you want to change spots  go ahead, the FB event hasn't been made yet.

I get the most people wanted it but there is a point where we should push for somewhere that's not isolated in the way it is as it looks likely that this team isn't going to be playing in the city centre but rather a burb. While Vaughn and Mississauga have their own groups, I don't think that should happen for Scarborough or North York or Etobicoke or East York atm but feel moves like this will risk decreased turn outs. 

DoY would be great for this reason as it's subway and it's a popular student area so bringing in passerbys seems reasonable. The reason I saw Danforth as good was for similar reasons and the fact there's a big soccer fanbase that isn't a TFC one there (not sure about DoY on that point but wouldn't be shocked if similar).

Either way I'll try and make it out even if for the end (work is evil) because strength in numbers.

North York guy here, I'm good with anywhere downtown, subway would be nice but not beholden to it, but downtown obviously makes sense for the most amount of people, whether you're coming from Scarlem, Etobicoke, East York, York, North York.

If anything, my only quick point would be 7pm seems kinda early, it's a Friday night ;) I'll join in around 9pm.

Oh, I'll put in a vote for Scallywag's too for the future, and I know the group's gone there once already. Subway line, midtown. If the Danforth has a footy pub as good as Scallywag's, I'm down to try it as well sure. I've been to one or two near Monarch Park but can't remember the name.

9 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

As a former Torontonian visitor (for 4 years). Why wouldn't you have it on the subway line?  There are about 100 pubs/bars within 10 minute walks from the subway line. Not the slightest idea why anyone would consider any place else.

I'm not in Toronto but I know Shoeless has been good to the V's for pre and post game get togethers for MNT matches. We wandered through the wilderness of Maro and Gossip before we landed there.

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Hey CPL supporters in Toronto, we have the date and location of our next pub meetup, hope to see you all there. 

Friday, Feb 23, 2018, 7pm
Scallywags, 11 St. Clair Ave W (Yonge St)

https://www.facebook.com/events/104196023728337/

https://twitter.com/torontocplsg/status/955571240382562304

Looking forward to this!!! 

38 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Hey CPL supporters in Toronto, we have the date and location of our next pub meetup, hope to see you all there. 

I'm aiming to be there. Scally works for me

1 hour ago, ironcub14 said:

I'm sick of Scally Wags.....Let's meet at that shitty cafe that clearly wants a CPL supporters group despite being uber meh.

• 2 weeks later...

Some Facebook numbers to consider...

Foot Soldiers Supporters Group: 97 followers

Grand River Union: 148 followers

Halifax Wanderers: 156 members

Edmonton for Canadian Premier League: 112 followers

Barton Street Battalion: 269 followers

Mississauga City Collective: 297 members

Toronto Canadian Premier League Supporters Group: 328 members

Red River Rising: 479 members

Saskatoon Soccer Supporters: 731 members

If you haven't do so yet, please find us on Facebook and join the group. 

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Just thought I would throw in Wanderers facebook page has 580 followers. I know a bit of a shamelsss plug... but hey    :)

8 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Well done Winnipeg and Saskatoon! And all the others of course but from reading this board I had gotten the impression that the Saskatoon group was probably like 5 guys, with some of them maybe against their will. Great to see those numbers, especially if the real numbers are actually even higher.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I had to let go of visiting the V's forum partly for my sanity, partly because I couldn't touch a computer during a short leave, and partly for my productivity, because it can get too fun in here on the boards at times haha. But those of you in the Toronto CPL Facebook group, you know how to get in touch with many of us in there, just feel free to shoot a message if anything. We had a good productive meeting on Friday, and I can say that we're taking things up a notch. Holler on Facebook if you'd like to get involved, thanks all.

1 hour ago, ironcub14 said:

Hey, I had to let go of visiting the V's forum partly for my sanity, partly because I couldn't touch a computer during a short leave, and partly for my productivity, because it can get too fun in here on the boards at times haha. But those of you in the Toronto CPL Facebook group, you know how to get in touch with many of us in there, just feel free to shoot a message if anything. We had a good productive meeting on Friday, and I can say that we're taking things up a notch. Holler on Facebook if you'd like to get involved, thanks all.

How can i find you in FB?... What's the name of the group? 

• 1 month later...

Hey Toronto CPL supporters, we have another meetup going on this Friday. Come out for a drink and let's discuss CPL and footy.

We may also have a little something for you guys that may help keep you warm through this freezing ice storm haha.

You can find the FB event link below, the meetup will be Apr 20th, Friday, 8pm, at Duke of York, 39 Prince Arthur Ave, next to St. George station, thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/events/954554434726180/