Sign in to follow this  
madmonte

Toronto CPL

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

What kind of colour scheme do people think would work. I personally think a soccer version of the Flyers Stadium Series uniform would be awesome. Black accented by orange = :wub:

thumb.jpg

Gotta be blue IMO. Red vs blue build the TFC rivalry in a positive way, it's Toronto's classic colour, etc. 

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

Gotta be blue IMO. Red vs blue build the TFC rivalry in a positive way, it's Toronto's classic colour, etc. 

yea I have to agree.  the black and orange is intriguing but I just don't see how you look past blue personally.

On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 1:34 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I've said from day one I think the second toronto team should be the reincarnation of the blizzard.

basically use leaf colours.

I hope CPL teams all kick off with a brand new identity.

How about "Man City" blue for Toronto? Don't the Argos use light blue trim? In which case there is some precedent for Toronto. It seems as though there is an over abundance of red, black, and royal blue these days (although I like Montreal's blue and black stripes).

Edited by Lofty

51 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

How about "Man City" blue for Toronto? Don't the Argos use light blue trim? In which case there is some precedent for Toronto. It seems as though there is an over abundance of red, black, and royal blue these days (although I like Montreal's blue and black stripes).

I think the Maple Leafs' colour scheme would be fine. However, I think the primary kit should be like the aforementioned team's away uniforms with white jersies, blue shorts and white socks considering there are an abundance of blue tops these days.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, dsqpr said:

KW already uses the baby blue

6 hours ago, dsqpr said:

generally I agree, but I think that particular blue(leafs/jays) would be warranted in this case.

I hope to see other teams be original though.  greens,oranges,yellows,purples,silvers and everything in between.

On 2017-03-03 at 10:12 PM, Complete Homer said:

I would like to see a Toronto CPL franchise if only so they could wear the blue and white 'hoops' that TFC should have picked back in 2007 :).

The best way for a CPL Toronto to succeed and turn heads would be for it's owner to invest in a way to make it a winning team...more precisely, winning a league cup before TFC. Ouch! lol 

I'd support any Toronto or western GTA club by purchasing season tickets.

Preferably a Mississauga FC playing out of renovated Centennial Park Stadium.

I doubt a CPL team here in Toronto would wear somthing close to the Maple Leafs blue and white colour scheme. Those are MLSE colours and why would an independent ownership group want to be associated with another groups product. Yes blue is prominent in Toronto but I dont think a simple blue and white combo is the direction to go down.

30 minutes ago, Ivanovski94 said:

I doubt a CPL team here in Toronto would wear somthing close to the Maple Leafs blue and white colour scheme. Those are MLSE colours and why would an independent ownership group want to be associated with another groups product. Yes blue is prominent in Toronto but I dont think a simple blue and white combo is the direction to go down.

Flyer stadium series black and orange it is then. Let's begin making scarves. 

6 hours ago, Macksam said:

Flyer stadium series black and orange it is then. Let's begin making scarves. 

but why?

I'm not saying I mind but there needs to be some sort of rationale.  This is the problem with MLS, half of their marketing schemes just aren't all that well thought out.

7 minutes ago, Alex D said:

I could dig something like this. 

image26.jpg

What was issey's a league team? They had a nice kit and the coffee club logo was rockin imo

Blue and white or bust

Blue jersey with white across the shoulders and two vertical white strips (similar to the Toronto flag).

Edited by theaub

28 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

but why?

I'm not saying I mind but there needs to be some sort of rationale.  This is the problem with MLS, half of their marketing schemes just aren't all that well thought out.

Orange is the colour of courage, and it's going to take a lot of that to challenge MLSE.

16 minutes ago, Alex D said:

I could dig something like this. 

image26.jpg

I like Valencia's away kit this year.

image.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Orange is the colour of courage, and it's going to take a lot of that to challenge MLSE.

I like Valencia's away kit this year.

image.jpeg

Don't get me wrong, I like them, but I still feel like some sort of tie in to Toronto in some way shape or form would be good.  Maybe some specific region of Toronto where the stadium might be?

5 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Don't get me wrong, I like them, but I still feel like some sort of tie in to Toronto in some way shape or form would be good.  Maybe some specific region of Toronto where the stadium might be?

Actually orange does have a place in Toronto culture but I'm doubtful connecting the team to the Order of Orange would be a good idea.

Why not green and blue? Googled Toronto colours and this article from the Star came up mentioning how bridged are now painted in a uniform Blue-Green. Sounds kind of neat.

Plus it seems like a pretty unique scheme in soccer. The only clubs I can think of that uses it their main scheme is the Seattle Sounders (aka TFC killers), Santos Laguna (who are more aqua) and maybe Krasnodar (but it might just be dark green) so the jersey would stand out. Also that's not a bad batch to be with when you look at their records.

Upon reflection I think a CPL franchise in Toronto would be a terrible Idea. I love the city but it is totally saturated with sports and entertainment. The Marlies struggle to put 5000 people a game in the seats despite being a high quality affordable alternative to the Toronto Maple leafs in a 'hockey mad' city. Its hard to make a dent in the Toronto sports market and TFC has done that. I cant see a CPL team getting sufficient support to  survive.