Sign in to follow this  
Olympique_de_Marseille

Canada vs Costa Rica Thursday June 8th in Winnipeg & Sunday June 11th in Toronto

Canada vs Costa Rica (x2)

Winnipeg (Investors Group Field)
Date: Thursday June 8th
Time: 7:30pm Central (8:30pm Eastern, 5:30pm Pacific)
Broadcast: TSN1 / RDS2

Toronto (BMO Field)
Date: Sunday June 11th
Time: 2pm Eastern (11am Pacific)
Broadcast: TSN2 / RDS2

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

Road trip!!!

Meaningless match, not going, picking my spots instead.

Oh wait, I'm not one of the meaningless match donkeys!!

For sure I'm going to support my team in this meaningless match! And looking forward to seeing our ladies in action again.

33 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

Meaningless match, not going, picking my spots instead.

Oh wait, I'm not one of the meaningless match donkeys!!

For sure I'm going to support my team in this meaningless match! And looking forward to seeing our ladies in action again.

Ha! A Vs section with everyone wearing donkey heads might be fun :)

Going to have to see first if I can make it and then if I can round up a crew.

4 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Seems like they were. I hope those games are a go. Would love to see the women in The Peg again. 

These games MAY or MAY NOT be a go. I was asked by the CSA to delete my tweets regarding them and since the FEDEFUTBOL deleted their press release from last month and their tweet of it, the details may have changed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thursday game was in Winnipeg and the Sunday one was in Toronto since The National Soccer Stadium (BMO Field) would be available by June 11th. Non-Voyageurs don't want to pay twice to see them play the same opponent again so I can see  them do what they did for the x2 Brazil games and have the team play in two different cities.

On 16/02/2017 at 10:35 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Thursday game was in Winnipeg and the Sunday one was in Toronto since The National Soccer Stadium (BMO Field) would be available by June 11th.

Ya, can't say my deductive reasoning was poor! ;)

I'll update the first post.

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 9:35 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

These games MAY or MAY NOT be a go. I was asked by the CSA to delete my tweets regarding them and since the FEDEFUTBOL deleted their press release from last month and their tweet of it, the details may have changed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thursday game was in Winnipeg and the Sunday one was in Toronto since The National Soccer Stadium (BMO Field) would be available by June 11th. Non-Voyageurs don't want to pay twice to see them play the same opponent again so I can see  them do what they did for the x2 Brazil games and have the team play in two different cities.

Good call. Definitely makes more sense to use two different cities. I would have gone to both games had they both been in Winnipeg but I wonder how many others would have.

Now, with your exceptional prescience can you tell us when the tickets will go on sale? ;)

Edited by Lofty

3 hours ago, paul-collins said:

Fogging season?

No, too early. They don't usually fog until the number of mosquitoes caught in the traps exceeds a certain threshold and it takes time to get there.

5 hours ago, admin said:

I'm parking this on your lawn.

Starting the build tomorrow.

Image result for crazy road trip camper van

I think this would look really nice on my front lawn.  Will we have a Voyageurs section in Winnipeg?  

3 hours ago, dsqpr said:

can you tell us when the tickets will go on sale? ;)

Group tickets are already on sale but I can't read Jamie's mind for the only tickets that matter! @admin Wait until he posts something.

For Toronto: My guess is they will block off at least part of 112/113 for us - we didn't have the numbers for 114 so there's no reason to ask for that.

For Winnipeg: The section was 144 last time (May 2014) but it was chosen by the CSA.

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/26201-canada-vs-usa-thursday-may-8th-in-winnipeg/

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/26229-winnipeg-game-may-8th-organization/

Did 144 work out well? Was there a drum last time?

EDIT: Jamie was too quick to answer! :)