Canada vs Costa Rica Thursday June 8th in Winnipeg & Sunday June 11th in Toronto

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

Meaningless match, not going, picking my spots instead.

Oh wait, I'm not one of the meaningless match donkeys!!

For sure I'm going to support my team in this meaningless match! And looking forward to seeing our ladies in action again.

Ha! A Vs section with everyone wearing donkey heads might be fun :)

Going to have to see first if I can make it and then if I can round up a crew.

4 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Seems like they were. I hope those games are a go. Would love to see the women in The Peg again. 

These games MAY or MAY NOT be a go. I was asked by the CSA to delete my tweets regarding them and since the FEDEFUTBOL deleted their press release from last month and their tweet of it, the details may have changed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Thursday game was in Winnipeg and the Sunday one was in Toronto since The National Soccer Stadium (BMO Field) would be available by June 11th. Non-Voyageurs don't want to pay twice to see them play the same opponent again so I can see  them do what they did for the x2 Brazil games and have the team play in two different cities.

5 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Ha! A Vs section with everyone wearing donkey heads might be fun :)

Going to have to see first if I can make it and then if I can round up a crew.

If this happens, I have a couple of bedrooms to spare & a big back yard that we could fill with tents :)

3 hours ago, dsqpr said:

can you tell us when the tickets will go on sale? ;)

Group tickets are already on sale but I can't read Jamie's mind for the only tickets that matter! @admin Wait until he posts something.

For Toronto: My guess is they will block off at least part of 112/113 for us - we didn't have the numbers for 114 so there's no reason to ask for that.

For Winnipeg: The section was 144 last time (May 2014) but it was chosen by the CSA.

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/26201-canada-vs-usa-thursday-may-8th-in-winnipeg/

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/26229-winnipeg-game-may-8th-organization/

Did 144 work out well? Was there a drum last time?

EDIT: Jamie was too quick to answer! :)

18 hours ago, jonovision said:

Most years mosquitos aren't out en force until mid-June. Depends on the weather I guess.

It was an honest question, thanks for answering.  In Ontario the mosquitoes tend to pick up immediately where the blackflies leave off, so no real respite.  (Of course that would only affect the training facility in Nottawasaga, for Toronto based games)

10 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Did 144 work out well? Was there a drum last time?

144 is on the side of the CFL end zone and behind the end line so it was ok but not the greatest. There was no drum there. In fact, there were only six Vs in that supporters section, 5 from SK and one from Edmonton :) but by the second half it was pretty rockin'. We didn't have a drum but I like that just fine.

I suspect things we will have more Vs this time.

21 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

144 is on the side of the CFL end zone and behind the end line so it was ok but not the greatest. There was no drum there. In fact, there were only six Vs in that supporters section, 5 from SK and one from Edmonton :) but by the second half it was pretty rockin'. We didn't have a drum but I like that just fine.

I suspect things we will have more Vs this time.

Well, I hope you get at least 25 people and a drum this time.

@admin did you bring the giant flag and banner back from Vancouver? Do you plan on flying up to Winnipeg for the game?

Archived