Victoria Highlanders (PDL) 2017

ted

I guess with the release of the schedule it is about time to start a thread for the season.

Gotta say I am not thrilled about ending the season playing the Sounders in Victoria Friday night, and then Sunday afternoon playing away to Calgary!

Still looking forward to the season (and maybe a move to the new BC D3).

4 hours ago, ted said:

I guess with the release of the schedule it is about time to start a thread for the season.

Gotta say I am not thrilled about ending the season playing the Sounders in Victoria Friday night, and then Sunday afternoon playing away to Calgary!

Still looking forward to the season (and maybe a move to the new BC D3).

Hey Ted, do you guys have some Lakeside Buoys scarves that could be had for a price? :)

It should be a pretty interesting season. A tonne of games at home, one huge 2-week road trip to the states, a couple matches at home before an all-Canadian finish. I would have much preferred to have started the season against a Canadian team, and perhaps traded weekends, but I suppose this format will be more cost-effective for the team.

With all home the matches on Friday nights or Sunday during the day, that isn't too bad either. Makes it easy to bring the family for the weekend matches, and have a nice night away from the little one every now & again.

There's been a couple of articles relating to the Highlanders from Times Colonist.

First there's an official one talking about how they've made a push for some signings. Looks like they'll be billeting non-island players in order to keep costs under control as well. It's a good read: http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/highlanders-hope-off-season-shopping-brings-more-wins-1.10150596

The second article predates the above, but seems to leak one of the international signings they're talking about. Sho Goto, formerly of J-league, will be providing some strength to the LB position. The mention is about 1/2-way down the article: http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/vic-west-back-in-jackson-cup-spotlight-1.10029688

Finally, I've done up a schedule wallpaper. Feel free to share & use.

2017 Highlanders Schedule.jpg

Archived