Juan Guillermo Cordova

charlesmazz

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Juan has liked a bunch of tweets congratulating him on his move to Huachipato so seems pretty official

I'd hold back on jumping to conclusions. I spoke with a source close to this after the tweet was sent and there are at least other 2 parties looking to bring him in

38 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Is he notable? No. I'm going to report it as an article for deletion. Keep it in your sandbox.

He has a group of adults talking about his birth, his career desires and everything we can learn about him on a public forum. i think that is somewhat notable. Also he is a professional in the most popular sport in his playing country. Yet we have basically all of Ottawa Fury's players with a wikipedia page.

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

This was sarcasm........I hope.

No, this is serious. Someone will report it. I won't do it, but it will happen. That's the thing with wikipedia. I would keep it in a sandbox and wait until the player becomes notable ie makes the national team/play in Chilean first division. 

Aside from the brutal inconsistency between player pages, why is this entry any less "notable" than the other 9 players who play for the same club and also wikipedia pages?  It seems to me that if someone is a professional athlete, it is reasonable to argue that there may be sufficient interest in them to warrant an entry.  That team has fans.  Their stadium holds 12,000 of them.  Why assume, on their behalf, that no one cares about one of their players. 

Maybe I am missing some important wiki metric about critical mass, but its not like someone tried to make a page for their nephew who just scored a goal in B league U12 footy.

17 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

How is playing for a top tier team in Chile and also being a Canadian international not at least warrant a simple wiki page? I think it is a no-brainer. Plus he has an upward trajectory...

I never debated that. And right now he isn't any of them. The only thing is I assumed is that Primera B isn't pro, but it was. That I'll take it on myself. So, I'm just saying this if you want to create a page about Kosovar Sadiki for example, it will get deleted. 

If you want to create wiki pages. And I did create a bunch for Ottawa Fury players who weren't notable until they stepped onto the pitch, I put them in my sandbox and waited until it was okay to create their article once they were considered notable according to their guidelines. And if it's deleted, it's more complicated to create another one and you lose all the writing you've done. 

This is interesting. I didn't know this about Wikipedia and I always get a bit annoyed when I see so many youth national team players without wiki pages when I want to find out whatever happened to them. I figured it was lack of interest rather than actively pruning the site (which I suppose I can understand).

54 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Who is the 1st one?

Let's just say he's a sick fuck who kept editing himself into Wikipedia and the site mods kept calling him out and he would create fake accounts to defend himself from them and then mods called him out for that too. then he got his article for awful reasons. Wikipedia should also rename the article about him.