Juan Guillermo Cordova

charlesmazz

Ledgerwood who has been our best player there since the Stalteri era. But again things could and should change if he's not playing in his club. He didn't play in the last game and got subbed out at the half in the previous one.

I am happy either way, but I do think Cordova can benefit from playing in MLS. I imagine the players are bigger and more physical than he's use to and learning how to deal with that would be a good thing, given he'll be playing against teams strong, fast teams like Panama, Honduras, T&T, Jamaica and the US. Because he developed in Chile, I don't have any concern he'll lose the technical side of his game.

48 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Ledgerwood who has been our best player there since the Stalteri era. But again things could and should change if he's not playing in his club. He didn't play in the last game and got subbed out at the half in the previous one.

I get that Canadians really respect Ledgerwood for playing hard, occasionally well, and being a diligent servant during a period where others were not. But he's 32. And when I hear Zambrano say "generational change," I think of Ledgerwood. 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I am happy either way, but I do think Cordova can benefit from playing in MLS. I imagine the players are bigger and more physical than he's use to and learning how to deal with that would be a good thing, given he'll be playing against teams strong, fast teams like Panama, Honduras, T&T, Jamaica and the US. Because he developed in Chile, I don't have any concern he'll lose the technical side of his game.

Has a Chilean d2 player ever come to MLS or would he be the first?

18 hours ago, Big_M said:

A confirmation that he should be our #2 at RB. Issue is that the league has ended and he needs to stay match fit.

I wouls make him our #1 depending on how well he does in the pre tournament friendly if he is called up

1 minute ago, One American said:

One point of comparison with Chile .... Mauro Diaz is a perpetual MLS MVP candidate. He was a sometimes starter in Chile (top division). 

Another storyline is Pedro Morales at Colo Colo, a top team in Chile. 

It will be interesting to see how he does. He has 1 goal in 4 matches so far.

15 hours ago, Obinna said:

Another storyline is Pedro Morales at Colo Colo, a top team in Chile. 

It will be interesting to see how he does. He has 1 goal in 4 matches so far.

Octavio Rivero is also on the team and has 7 goals in 18 appearances (according to Wiki) 

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

Octavio Rivero is also on the team and has 7 goals in 18 appearances (according to Wiki) 

Transfermarkt has him at 4 goals in 15 appearances and he seems to be mostly a sub. Before he moved to Vancouver he had 10 goals in 16 appearances for O'Higgins also in the Chilean top tier.