Juan Guillermo Cordova

charlesmazz

Cool that he met Xavi:

As he himself acknowledged www.futbolprimerabchile.cl , Juan Córdova's experience in Qatar, a country he visited alongside Canada's U23 has been "wonderful." 

He had the opportunity to play 90 minutes in the win for the minimum count against Uzbekistan and yesterday, in the decisive duel before the local, also started. The Americans prevailed 2 to 0, with a Cordova that left a pleasing impression in the technician, Octavio Zambrano.

"It was a very nice experience, and I did it in a very good way." The coach told me before leaving that he had been very surprised with me and that he had played very well, the doors were more than open, "he said. Www.futbolprimerabchile.cl , the albirrojo steering wheel.

In this way, Cordova is excited about playing the next Gold Cup to be played in the United States between 7 and 26 July this year.In fact, the Uní-Uní canterano is one of four players who were tested to consider a possible citation to the adult selection. "From what the teacher told us, this tournament was to see players who would be considered for that cup," he explained.

To the illusion of arriving at an international tournament of prestige, was added an unforgettable encounter. After the match against Qatar, the Uni-Uni midfielder learned that at Hamad Stadium in Doha, there was an international idol, former Barcelona figure Xavi Hernandez, who currently plays for Al-Sadd SC in the Qatari League .

"Xavi was watching the whole game but I did not realize, when he finished, a colleague told me this is Xavi. I ran to the dressing room, grabbed my cell phone and ran out to take a picture, I could not pass up an opportunity like this, The luck of knowing an idol, "he said.

"I said to him in Spanish, hello Xavi", "Corcho" - as they call it - to continue his story, "Do you speak Spanish, where are you from?" Was the response of the former Spanish national. "From Chile, I replied, Ah !, Chile told me and started to laugh, it must be for the world past," he explained. I asked him if he could take me a picture, indicating that he was an idol, said of course.

In order to round out his entire trip to Qatar, the Canadian team raised the cup unbeaten as it was with the first game against Uzbekistan by the minimum score and in the second, that is, beat Qatar by 2 to 0. However, Did not have time to learn something of the Arabic language."Impossible, I do not know how they say that," he joked. 

What are your thoughts on MLS? Is it a competition you'd like to play in?

What league do you want to play in the most?

What do you see as your best position on the field?

What are your thoughts on Zambrano? How would you describe his coaching / style of play / system?

What player in camp impressed you the most / did you enjoy playing with the most?

How would you describe your style of play?

On 03/04/2017 at 11:37 AM, Keegan said:

Ask the obvious question.. who was born in Canada from your family? Because we still haven't seen any real evidence that this kid is eligible for us. If his parents/grandparents simply have citizenship he isn't eligible

In one of his interviews he said he was renewing his Canadian passport

5 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Having a passport does not fulfill all of the FIFA requirements to play for a country.

Wasn't aware! Always thought you couldn't get a passport without citizenship. 

Why waste time calling someone who might not be eligible though?

On 03/04/2017 at 11:37 AM, Keegan said:

Ask the obvious question.. who was born in Canada from your family? Because we still haven't seen any real evidence that this kid is eligible for us. If his parents/grandparents simply have citizenship he isn't eligible

I gonna get that answer next week about what the link is. Seems his dad is the source of the link (he grew up here it sounds like)

• 2 weeks later...