charlesmazz

Juan Guillermo Cordova

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Apparently he didn’t do enough I’m practice to impress, this is according to Dunfield. 

Where did u hear that? A podcast??  Interview etc?

19 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I get what you are saying.  Herdman sees him in camp and makes the call.  But from a supporter’s perspective it is still disappointing that we didn’t get to see him in a game situation.  

Sure, but when the manager plays a player that does well, it shouldn't be baffling to us that he didn't play a different player just to satisfy some fan curiosity. Plenty of people are saying he rotated too much, but now we are saying he should have rotated in this one more player?

Honestly, I probably would have felt more of this disappointment if it wasn't for Adekugbe. He played in this game and in my opinion didn't look good. I think collectively our hope was that our natural left and right backs would be great, but Herdman seems to have deemed one of them good enough to get a start to see what happens, and the other one not good enough to get that start. The one that he did give the start to, didn't perform well (in my opinion). Perhaps Cordova is even worse?

Personally, I've seen Cordova play once or twice and don't have much memory of his performances. I'm going to try to not get worked up about a player I have seen play less than a handful of times.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Sure, but when the manager plays a player that does well, it shouldn't be baffling to us that he didn't play a different player just to satisfy some fan curiosity. Plenty of people are saying he rotated too much, but now we are saying he should have rotated in this one more player?

Honestly, I probably would have felt more of this disappointment if it wasn't for Adekugbe. He played in this game and in my opinion didn't look good. I think collectively our hope was that our natural left and right backs would be great, but Herdman seems to have deemed one of them good enough to get a start to see what happens, and the other one not good enough to get that start. The one that he did give the start to, didn't perform well (in my opinion). Perhaps Cordova is even worse?

Personally, I've seen Cordova play once or twice and don't have much memory of his performances. I'm going to try to not get worked up about a player I have seen play less than a handful of times.

But he's from Chile!!  😉

Juan Cordova talks about: if playing in South America helps Canada vs Mexico, Central American teams, MLS, CPL, Whitecaps interest, his absence, if we could see Cristian Gutierrez join the CanMNT, Zambrano/Herdman, Copa Libertadores/Copa Sudamericana and more! And a nice message at the end for the Canadian fans 

Edited by Blackjack15

11 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Juan Cordova talks about: if playing in South America helps Canada vs Mexico, Central American teams, MLS, CPL, Whitecaps interest, his absence, if we could see Cristian Gutierrez join the CanMNT, Zambrano/Herdman, Copa Libertadores/Copa Sudamericana and more! And a nice message at the end for the Canadian fans 

I can't listen to this right now - any preview for what he says about Gutierrez ?

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I can't listen to this right now - any preview for what he says about Gutierrez ?

It was pretty short and pretty much just he's spoken to Cristian about it, but it is ultimately his choice.

13 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Not sure what it is but I'm really pulling for him to be the one that wins the right back position. Compelling personality or something. I'm even a little disappointed he didn't get a look in at left back 

Havent listened to this yet, but judging from the comments this is not recent. It sounds like an interview he gave many, many months ago.

If it is the interview I think it is, I believe it was recorded around the time Cordova was linked to the Whitecaps...

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Havent listened to this yet, but judging from the comments this is not recent. It sounds like an interview he gave many, many months ago.

If it is the interview I think it is, I believe it was recorded around the time Cordova was linked to the Whitecaps...

It was posted yesterday apparently 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

They talk about his recent call up and mention the USA game next month so it's pretty fresh