Kosovar Sadiki

Ruffian

https://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/sport/hajduk/clanak/id/510819/kosovar-sadiki-novo-je-ime-meu-hajdukovcima-prosle-sezone-bio-je-u-stoke-cityju-stigao-je-na-posudbu-ali-vec-je-dobio-ime-na-dresu

This article seems to imply that he's still with Hajduk, playing for their second team. Could be wrong, google translate is horrible on this one...I think it says he might get a shot in Januar, as they expect to sell one of their top-defenders. 

Anyone with knowledge of Serbo-Croatian who can elaborate?

57 minutes ago, shamrock said:

https://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/sport/hajduk/clanak/id/510819/kosovar-sadiki-novo-je-ime-meu-hajdukovcima-prosle-sezone-bio-je-u-stoke-cityju-stigao-je-na-posudbu-ali-vec-je-dobio-ime-na-dresu

This article seems to imply that he's still with Hajduk, playing for their second team. Could be wrong, google translate is horrible on this one...I think it says he might get a shot in Januar, as they expect to sell one of their top-defenders. 

Anyone with knowledge of Serbo-Croatian who can elaborate?

The article is from Oct 8th, 2017.  

I have been looking around for some new information, and I could not find much.  Have you found anything else more recent?

3 hours ago, Toje said:

The article is from Oct 8th, 2017.  

I have been looking around for some new information, and I could not find much.  Have you found anything else more recent?

The most recent info that I have seen was the trial with Barnsley U23's from September. I'm assuming that it didn't work out because I haven't seen anything about him in recent match reports.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bad news for us, it appears that Sadiki has chosen to file his one time switch to play for Albania. According to this,"...Telesport reports, the player in question has set his final choice in terms of nationality. The backgammon giant, with a very high physical (1.95 cm), will play for Albania U-21." I've never seen a player with so many national options. He could have played for us, Sweden, Germany, Albania or Kosovo.

Edited by Jith12

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Massey said:

Not surprised to lose a kid named "Kosovar" but a bit surprised to lose him to Albania.

With that name, it's true that you would expect to lose him to Kosovo.

Look a this article:

http://www.gsh.al/2019/01/08/kosovar-sadiki-zgjedh-te-luaje-per-shqiperine/

Instead of Sadiki, they put of a pic of Millar at the NZ game in Spain last year by mistake. ?

Strange one as he played for our youth teams didnt he? His career unfortunately has stalled since the promise at Stoke.

Probably isn't likely to break our CB in the short term at least (which is saying something) if he gets time with Albania fair enough. This is troublesome only because he had promise, could yet develop and is in a position we really need a break out CB or two. 

Not sure how many watch the MLS draft today but the #1 pick talked about how he learnt the most and was pushed the hardest at the national team camps. They simply can't be understated, hopefully we are wrong and something is around the corner but it seems like CSA is shitting the bed on it a bit at the moment which is so frustrating given our momentum as a soccer nation. Now is not the time to take the foot off the pedal. 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

He played at Qatar and I thought he did pretty well.  He was also at Toulon wasnt he and playing, just this summer.  If we dont start playing some games and having camps etc we will loose more.  

I had been impressed with him in the games I've seen. Obviously, he hasn't been able to translate those flashes of ability into success at the club level. And I would guess that doing this opens doors for him in Albania? But wouldn't CPL be a better option for him? That's over now, though. Too bad. 

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Really strange decision maybe he doesn’t like his chances of making Canada.  

It is strange, he was getting time as a youth, and there isnt a lot in front of him with the mens team.  I guess if we play no games it doesnt matter where you are in the depth chart.  

15 hours ago, Big_M said:

Or if you have no club it doesnt matter if we play no games cause you are not on the depth chart

Very true, but i thought he would be a prime target of CPL.  The guy played in u-17, u-20, u-23 for us (decent pedigree), still only 21 and seemingly cant find a club in europe.  I figured York or Halifax would be calling him.  But as my grampa would say, you cant live someones life for them.  If its true, I hope it works out for him.  

• 4 weeks later...