TFC2 2017 Discussion

Ruffian

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shermanator said:

It's unfortunate that it appears that the CSA sanctioning requirement for USL teams of 540 minutes per Canadians average is no longer around. It's a sad indictment of our development system that in addition to Canadians not being considered good enough for MLS clubs, now young Canadians don't appear to be good enough for the USL reserve clubs either.

https://the11.ca/tfcii-and-wfc2s-early-can-con-shortage-not-an-issue-for-the-csa/

From the article linked above, Sandor said:

"The CSA confirmed Friday that those requirements haven’t changed with USL’s move from Division-3 to Division-2 status. But it did state that these are “reserve roster” rules, as in, applying to reserve teams. So, when it comes to the Ottawa Fury, which is an independent affiliate of the Montreal Impact, well, that’s a different kind of animal."

Then Canada Soccer quoted in the above article as saying:

"In 2016, the clubs met the standard and purpose as outlined by the rule:

FC Montreal — approximately 90 per cent of available minutes to Canadians
Toronto FC II — approximately 60 per cent

WFC2 — approximately 56 per cent

After one game, Canadians played less than 25 per cent for Vancouver and TFC. The ultimate goal, as above, is minutes for Canadians over the course of a season. The rules were designed to provide a minimum to the teams so that they could achieve this target. Circumstances will often dictate that some flexibility will be needed — injuries, first-team call ups, international absences, etc.  The international break and youth events over the weekend, Canada’s U23 camp and Senior match in Scotland, injuries, and the MLS weekend off for both TFC and VWFC due to the break were all contributing factors we find acceptable."

17 minutes ago, Kent said:

https://the11.ca/tfcii-and-wfc2s-early-can-con-shortage-not-an-issue-for-the-csa/

From the article linked above, Sandor said:

"The CSA confirmed Friday that those requirements haven’t changed with USL’s move from Division-3 to Division-2 status. But it did state that these are “reserve roster” rules, as in, applying to reserve teams. So, when it comes to the Ottawa Fury, which is an independent affiliate of the Montreal Impact, well, that’s a different kind of animal."

Then Canada Soccer quoted in the above article as saying:

"In 2016, the clubs met the standard and purpose as outlined by the rule:

FC Montreal — approximately 90 per cent of available minutes to Canadians
Toronto FC II — approximately 60 per cent

WFC2 — approximately 56 per cent

After one game, Canadians played less than 25 per cent for Vancouver and TFC. The ultimate goal, as above, is minutes for Canadians over the course of a season. The rules were designed to provide a minimum to the teams so that they could achieve this target. Circumstances will often dictate that some flexibility will be needed — injuries, first-team call ups, international absences, etc.  The international break and youth events over the weekend, Canada’s U23 camp and Senior match in Scotland, injuries, and the MLS weekend off for both TFC and VWFC due to the break were all contributing factors we find acceptable."

Thanks for this. So I wonder what the excuse for this past weekend would be then? 360 CDN minutes for TFC II and 320 for WFC 2 in their games if my math is right. Still well below the 540 per game required (as per the article you quoted).

If both clubs end up over the 540 per game average for the year, then great. But they're a long way off early on.

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Thanks for this. So I wonder what the excuse for this past weekend would be then? 360 CDN minutes for TFC II and 320 for WFC 2 in their games if my math is right. Still well below the 540 per game required (as per the article you quoted).

If both clubs end up over the 540 per game average for the year, then great. But they're a long way off early on.

Yeah, I wonder what the penalty even would be if they don't meet the quota. Does anybody know? Do they lose their sanctioning and then go the route of FC Montreal and find an affiliate instead?

6 hours ago, Kent said:

Yeah, I wonder what the penalty even would be if they don't meet the quota. Does anybody know? Do they lose their sanctioning and then go the route of FC Montreal and find an affiliate instead?

Maybe they'll have to join the CPL ;)

Looks like Telfer up top, Malik Johnson, Fraser, Hundal in the middle with Cavalluzo in net.  5 starters, Lareya for Orlando 2.  

I think that Shermanator complaining about this stuff is really working.   Petrasso gets minutes, TFC2 start 5 CDN.  Keep at it SHermy!!!!

Game starting shortly.

April 4

Cavalluzzo

Alseth-Taintor-Onkony

McCrary                                 Telfer

Fraser

Johnson       James

Hundal       John

On 4/4/2017 at 8:32 PM, Big_M said:

April 4

Cavalluzzo

Alseth-Taintor-Onkony

McCrary                                 Telfer

Fraser

Johnson       James

Hundal       John

I see management is employing the Detroit Red Wings philosophy of having the second team playing the same system as the first. We should give them credit for that at the very least.

How were Hundal and Fraser?

5 hours ago, Macksam said:

How were Hundal and Fraser?

Fraser was shit against Tampa.....better against OCB.

Hundal was alright...but I see him getting less minutes or less goals this year considering the better competition up top in Spencer, Telfer, and John.

Cavalluzzo is 1 1/2 years older, has the same weakness as Roberts which is aerial balls and hasn't showed better than him. Bring back Roberts even if it's to play 10 games in the season.

April 7

Cavalluzzo

Taintor-Aubrey-Peters

Alseth                                      Telfer

James

Endoh            Johnson

Spencer         Andrews 

Archived