Where are you from?

Alex D

Alright guys and gals, where are you from and who do you intend to support? 

I'll start things off,

I live in Chatham ON (from Niagara Falls) and I will be supporting KW United. 

I'll get a scoreboard going to keep track of which team is most popular. 

KW             3

Victoria     2

Winnipeg  1

Hamilton  2

Regina      1

Ottawa      1

Toronto    1

I'm originally out of Timmins, ON, but currently live in Victoria, BC. In order of preference, for any given CPL match I will support: Victoria or the closest BC-based team. If there is no BC-based team, anything but Toronto.

Supporters groups from non-Toronto can buy my support with team swag. I like team & supporters groups scarves, jerseys (men's large for me, toddler for my son), and baseball caps. ;)

A Toronto team can buy my unending support by paying off my $40k student loan and providing me with team & supporters scarves, jerseys (men's large & toddler sizes), and baseball caps. I figure it's fair to give them an opportunity. :P 

If there's nothing nearby that I can realistically attend on occasion, I'll probably just support the league in general.

YES ALEX. From New Hamburg (google it), went to MTL for University, now back in the Grand River basin. It has been and always will be about KW United for me. 

By the way Alex, some of us are planning to take a big van to the United opener in Detroit on May 13th. We'd be driving down the ole' 401 past Chatham if you want to hop in?

1 hour ago, Levi Oakey said:

YES ALEX. From New Hamburg (google it), went to MTL for University, now back in the Grand River basin. It has been and always will be about KW United for me. 

By the way Alex, some of us are planning to take a big van to the United opener in Detroit on May 13th. We'd be driving down the ole' 401 past Chatham if you want to hop in?

That doesn't sound like the worst idea. I've been meaning to check out a Detroit FC match but I haven't had weekends off since I moved out here. 

I'm definitely interested. 

Where I'm from and where I live are currently pretty far apart.  I'm from Peterborough Ontario, I spent most of my adult life living in Toronto and London but I currently live in Winnipeg.  Assuming Winnipeg gets a team that's where my support will fall.  If not, I'll pick an Ontario team.

Born in Regina, SK but moved around southern SK (Lumsden, Maple Creek, Success ... yes, SUCCESS ... Swift Current) until I graduated high school. Then moved back to Regina for university and have been here ever since. 

I would support a Regina team if there was one, but also will generally support the league and all teams and supporters groups. That likely sounds wishy-washy but it's a point of principle for me. I'm as interested and committed to the success of the league as I am to the success of any particular team. 

North Vancouver born and raised.

Will support and purchase season tickets for any team in BC if there is one. If not, Hamilton and/or Halifax.

Hamilton because of the great work the Battalion have done. Halifax because I have never been to the east coast and really want a team to succeed in that part of the country.

• 1 month later...

Archived