Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

21 minutes ago, Ivan said:

From Canucks Abroad twitter:

No idea what this says, but someone replying in English says good news for Canada.

Sounds like he’s just saying that Canada has shown interest in calling him to the Senior team.

could just be a tactic to pressure England or Mexico into something similar but of course he would not be anywhere near close to earning a call to either of those squads 

15 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I would file him under the Ferdi category. Think there is very little chance of us getting him if he breaks through at Arsenal. 

Hopefully at least it is true that we have been in touch and are pursuing him. 

Agreed here, the dad clearly wants him to play with a bigger country.

56 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Sounds like he’s just saying that Canada has shown interest in calling him to the Senior team.

could just be a tactic to pressure England or Mexico into something similar but of course he would not be anywhere near close to earning a call to either of those squads 

Didnt this tactic just work for Yankov?  

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

From Canucks Abroad twitter:

No idea what this says, but someone replying in English says good news for Canada.

THEY WANT IT IN CANADA'S OLD TEAM!

In an interview with Daniel Reyes, Marca Claro journalist, Rubén Flores stated: “I heard that the great Canadian team wants to take it now and start training it to see if it gives the width for the near future

Google translation claims another victim.

• 3 weeks later...

I did some Twitter stalking and Canucks abroad retweeted something or someone that has been deleted, my assumption is that it’s related to Flores committing.

judging by Twitter comments and reactions there may be some fire.

edit: nvm just the one who said his dad was now following.

Edited by Dominic94

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I did some Twitter stalking and Canucks abroad retweeted something or someone that has been deleted, my assumption is that it’s related to Flores committing.

judging by Twitter comments and reactions there may be some fire.

I saw the first tweet about him following Canucks Abroad, sadly just missed the second one cause it was deleted. Im really curious as to what it said. If he commited that would be huge, he’s that creative attacking mid we all wanted with Yankov

Just now, N1ckbr0wn said:

I saw the first tweet about him following Canucks Abroad, sadly just missed the second one cause it was deleted. Im really curious as to what it said. If he commited that would be huge, he’s that creative attacking mid we all wanted with Yankov

I don’t actually have an account on Twitter, maybe Glass City, Duane Rollins, OliPlatt, Larson or Wheeler would know/answer if tweeted.

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

This is exactly what I was about to say.  If Flores commits to us, i would feel a lot better about losing Yankov given they play the same roles.

His father also coached at various levels of soccer in Canada so he may just be interested in following Canadian footy information on twitter.

7 minutes ago, Corazon said:

This is exactly what I was about to say.  If Flores commits to us, i would feel a lot better about losing Yankov given they play the same roles.

His father also coached at various levels of soccer in Canada so he may just be interested in following Canadian footy information on twitter.

He would know about the 2004’s and 2003’s which have some pretty highly touted prospects.

thing is USA does have players like Davies and David, but Mexico really doesn’t...

I don’t know too much about the top concacaf youth but most are CDN most and trained from where I’ve seen and read.

Rutty, Flores, Pellogrino, Assi... there’s another I’m forgetting. They’re all amongst the best for their age and they’re either all born here or were trained here....

we’re doing something right.

20 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

His Dad’s recent Twitter activity suggests that we may have a shot or even be close to getting him into a camp.

Okay so we all follow his dad on twitter and pester him to have his son join Canada like those Mexican trolls who roam soccer twitter. 

Edited by Ngravs

• 3 weeks later...
  • JamboAl changed the title to Marcelo Flores