Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

I have no stats or anything to back this up but, having never stopped me before, I feel like there has been a lot more Mexican immigration to Canada in the last 20 years or so. Jose Hernandez and Alan Camacho are a couple examples of kids who have come through the Caps. The former still looks like a player to me. I think Camacho is playing NCAA somewhere.

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I have no stats or anything to back this up but, having never stopped me before, I feel like there has been a lot more Mexican immigration to Canada in the last 20 years or so. Jose Hernandez and Alan Camacho are a couple examples of kids who have come through the Caps. The former still looks like a player to me. I think Camacho is playing NCAA somewhere.

Jose Hernandez is pretty highy rated by the cavs. Think saw an interview where wheelman was raving about his technical ability 

On 8/14/2021 at 2:04 PM, youllneverwalkalone said:

Rafael Pinzon is another that comes to mind.  Moved to Southwest Ontario as a kid and I believe he may have even represented some Canadian youth teams as well.  Moved to Pachuca as a youth player and eventually ended up FC Dallas Academy before going to Louisville Cardinals Men's NCAA program. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VinceA said:

Apparently the US will also be reactivating the U20 program soon and get some camps in.

I get Canada is always like "Help me I'm poor" but we have so much talent in the 2003-2004 range there needs to be some camps for them.

11 hours ago, jordan said:

U20 call

Makes more sense for him to go there than sit on the senior bench.

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 2:04 PM, youllneverwalkalone said:

I have no stats or anything to back this up but, having never stopped me before, I feel like there has been a lot more Mexican immigration to Canada in the last 20 years or so.

I think the Canadian government is actively trying encourage Mexican immigration to Canada.

4 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

I think the Canadian government is actively trying encourage Mexican immigration to Canada.

Like with other countries, Canada wants mainly their better educated or trained citizens. As for increasing immigration from Mexico nothing has really increased. According to this article Canada lets in between 3 to 5 thousand a year:

Mexican migration to Canada

Edited by Sal333

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

That's one of the reasons I want Canada to beat Mexico in this window. Let him and his father know that he is committing to the weaker team.

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

That's one of the reasons I want Canada to beat Mexico in this window. Let him and his father know that he is committing to the weaker team.

Weaker team meaning greater opportunity to play/shine. 

image.png.51f1964059750094c9e31f677b2ffc9a.png

lol.

But in all seriousness, we aren’t playing/preparing for U20s so it makes sense he’s still there. 

I also can’t see him getting called up in WCQing to play much if not any minutes.

17 minutes ago, Shway said:

Weaker team meaning greater opportunity to play/shine. 

image.png.51f1964059750094c9e31f677b2ffc9a.png

lol.

But in all seriousness, we aren’t playing/preparing for U20s so it makes sense he’s still there. 

I also can’t see him getting called up in WCQing to play much if not any minutes.

Even though Mexico is the "weaker" team, Herdman can make a case that there's a bigger opportunity with Canada. Osorio is 29 and really the only attacking midfielder we have. Flores can slide right in that spot.

Just now, Sal333 said:

Even though Mexico is the "weaker" team, Herdman can make a case that there's a bigger opportunity with Canada. Osorio is 29 and really the only attacking midfielder we have. Flores can slide right in that spot.

I was being cynical.I agree there’s opportunities for the CAM, but for me only until he starts playing with men that I will start drooling. 

For now he joins the list of other  great prospects.

He's definitely in the top class of his age group. Only a matter of time before he makes the jump to pro, time will tell if he succeeds at that level and where. 

At this point for club ball unless a serious injury to Smith Rowe he's going to be hard pressed to wrestle that spot away from him.  Smith Rowe is a 21 year old born in England and is class. 

I'm sure Mexico will want to cynical cap tie him sooner then later, especially now that we are legitimate within CONCACAF.  However, by no means does it mean he makes Mexico 2022 WC team or Mexico 2026 WC team. 

Completely agree , at this stage makes perfect sense he keeps playing international where they actually play games. 

Edited by apbsmith

5 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

He's definitely in the top class of his age group. Only a matter of time before he makes the jump to pro, time will tell if he succeeds at that level and where. 

At this point for club ball unless a serious injury to Smith Rowe he's going to be hard pressed to wrestle that spot away from him.  Smith Rowe is a 21 year old born in England and is class. 

I'm sure Mexico will want to cynical cap tie him sooner then later, especially now that we are legitimate within CONCACAF.  However, by no means does it mean he makes Mexico 2022 WC team or Mexico 2026 WC team. 

Completely agree , at this stage makes perfect sense he keeps playing international where they actually play games. 

It's possible that Mexico could try to cynical cap-tie Flores in Nations League which starts up again next June. 

• JamboAl changed the title to Marcelo Flores