Canadians abroad: January 27 - February 2, 2017

Ruffian

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for January 27 - February 2, 2017.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Haber in the starting line-up for Dundee

The game is on Sportsnet World Online if anybody has it. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FA CUP

Arfield played 70 minutes in a 2-0 win over Bristol City.

Tomori and Adekugbe each played 90 minutes for Brighton (at RB and LB, respectively) in a shocking come-from-behind 3-1 loss to National League side Lincoln City. The second LCFC goal was a Tomori own-goal.

ENGLISH LEAGUE

Hoilett played 90 minutes for Cardiff in a 2-1 loss to Reading.

Jackson came off the bench in the 72nd minute for Walsall in a 3-3 draw against Bury.

Leutwiler started for Shrews in a 1-1 draw against Gillingham.

SCOTLAND

Aird was subbed off in injury time and Gasparotto was subbed on in injury time (for another player) in a 2-1 Falkirk win over St. Mirren.

Gomes started for Arbroath in a 2-1 win over Clyde.

I'm disappointed because it means less playing time for Adekugbe. IMO, we should all forget about Tomori. He's been raised and developed in England and I can't see him giving up the dream to play for them for a long time. Until I see his name on a roster announcement from the CSA I'll assume he won't be with the program. 

Also, I think it's pretty backwards logic that some are cheering when players who are eligible for Canada play poorly. Personally, I'd rather support players who want to play for Canada and play well than players who want to play for other countries, but play poorly and could end up settling for Canada. 

15 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Adekugbe apparently had a shocker. 

Does that mean he played bad or he shockingly played well despite their result?

4 hours ago, Zem said:

Tomori and Adekugbe each played 90 minutes for Brighton (at RB and LB, respectively) in a shocking come-from-behind 3-1 loss to National League side Lincoln City. The second LCFC goal was a Tomori own-goal.

Highlights (might get deleted) - here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DoVkKWfmM

Better quality link for UK ip's only: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38784184

If Straith made an own goal like Tomori did, people here would have gone on a huge rant!

3 hours ago, PopePouri said:

Adekugbe apparently had a shocker. 

I watched the game and he looked pretty good. Made some great forward runs, getting very close to the keeper on one occasion. Was not to blame for any of the goals. He got beat wide and let crosses in, that is the worst that I saw of him. I assume the opinion of the fans is that the whole team did bad, but his performance did not stand out as poor to me

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Highlights (might get deleted) - here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DoVkKWfmM

Better quality link for UK ip's only: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38784184

If Straith made an own goal like Tomori did, people here would have gone on a huge rant!

Is Straith making his first pro start for a Championship/Prem League level side?

Archived