Canada vs Scotland - Who wants to go

Admin

4 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Nope and I don't know Edinburgh well enough to select a location. Anyone have a suggestion?

This has to be done very carefully. 

I am on an emergency flight back to Vancouver tonight I just bought a few minutes ago.   Just caught up in this stuff with my dad's health and I really apologize for not having this shit all organized.   There is almost zero chance I will be back to Toronto to get on that plane. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should be through in edinburgh for roughly 430,theres 5-6 bars round abount easter road that will be safe enough for few beers,international football and club football is completely diff in scotland,i wouldnt dream of drinking in those pubs with a rangers shirt on before a game,but the tartan army are just there fir a good time!

im happy to meet anybody round about the bars there pre-game?

I actually have a small favour to ask...if anyone travelling in could pick me up a small bag of ground tim hortons coffee at the airport ill get you acouple pints before the game?i'm not going over to canada until july and i ran out yest morning ??

28 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Looks very fancy but it is at least a starting point if we all meet there.  It is also about a 30 min walk to the ground so not that bad.  

slide-ClubRoom01-2.jpg

Yea maybe we can do better.. where is everyone staying?  I think that's a ways off my hotel anyway but if it works for others then I don't mind a walk.  

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I am good to meet there. Below is the address for anyone who needs it. 

154 Easter Road, Edinburgh EH7 5RL, Scotland

What time will you guys be there?

im good to meet up at the mash tun,i should be in edinburgh for 430ish

I get into around 330, keen to see some sights with Canadians and have some pints. Im sure there is a Weatherspoons somewhere near easter road haha. If anyone is keen to text and meet up I'm on whats app +44 7506 368440 (Jordan). See you guys tomorrow!

Really sorry I haven't been more active about this. Been moving house and the bit of mobile internet I do have is needed on other things!

The Dome is upmarket plus I doubt they allow football supporters. For closeness, The Mash Tun would do; I'll call them when they open to ensure it's ok but I'm sure it'll be fine. No worries about Tartan army, friendly bunch as long as we're not English.

Otherwise I'd suggest The Theatre Royal bar as it's fairly close, big, and has a nice pub interior for visitors, though current road works ruin it a bit. Brass Monkey on Leith Walk would do as well, but it's nothing special.

Beyond that, The Cask & Barrell at the bottom of Broughton street is a proper pub but might be slightly out of the way considering it's bloody freezing today.

Archived