Sign in to follow this  
Dub Narcotic

David Norman Jr.

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

You dont think MDS is on the hot seat?  With the fans wearing bags over their head and the team searching for new front office guys? 

WHy did Rose get his minutes??  Ask MDS, I am not the coach, but somebody likes him, hes got at least a dozen start.  You bring in new faces your kind of stuck, you have to give them a good shot or you look stupid.  If its me I would not have brought in so many new faces in midfield and penciled in minutes for Baldisimo, Coyln, Norman etc, whichever youngsters show themselves in training and taking up only a tiny fraction of cap space.  

Well, the coach is on the record as saying that the young academy grads must earn their minutes and not have those minutes gifted to them.  Judging by what guys like Rose and PC bring, I can see why he's on the hot seat.

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

WHy did Rose get his minutes??  Ask MDS, I am not the coach,

No need to ask MDS, I can tell you what he'll say: basically, he'll explain very condescendingly to you that you don't have as good a soccer mind as he does and that he can see things, postive things, in Rose's performances that confirms that it was the right decision to play him and that the Whitecaps are on the right track.

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

You dont think MDS is on the hot seat?  With the fans wearing bags over their head and the team searching for new front office guys? 

WHy did Rose get his minutes??  Ask MDS, I am not the coach, but somebody likes him, hes got at least a dozen start.  You bring in new faces your kind of stuck, you have to give them a good shot or you look stupid.  If its me I would not have brought in so many new faces in midfield and penciled in minutes for Baldisimo, Coyln, Norman etc, whichever youngsters show themselves in training and taking up only a tiny fraction of cap space.  

Sorry, I read your comment to mean that you believed Rose had to get his minutes. So, we are in agreement! Except with the bit about MDS being in the hot seat. As much as he should be, I don’t think he is. I think the Caps have an honest (if not naive) belief that the new technical director and some scouts will be enough to turn things around. 

Anyway, best to David Norman at PFC and Miami, I was looking forward to seeing him play for the Caps. 

I guess all this MLS expansion is a good thing, at least accidently for Norman.  What a bummer though, having to go from BC to play in Florida.  Some guys just cant catch a break.