BC Soccer aiming to launch "Regional Tier 3 League"

shermanator

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Still no list of teas though? Or official confirmation from the league itself?

Nothing I have seen, the only one I think we can count on are they old USL PDL?League 2 sides that pulled out of the US setup in anticipation of this starting. Do we expect the Whitecaps to have a team in it?

On 10/1/2021 at 6:02 PM, Blue and White Army said:

Surely a couple of men's VMSL sides will make the jump?

I wouldn't count on it. It sounds like BC Soccer was aiming for new teams to be established, rather than having to deal with the baggage and politics from some of the already established teams. But, things may have changed.

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Canadian soccer tends to reinvent the wheel with a brand new structure that is alleged to be about to magically transform everything but often basically just duplicates what was already there (i.e. PCSL in this case).

My understanding is PCSL was given the opportunity and chose not to. They did not want be forced to meet the League 1 standards. BC Soccer (at least at one point) did not want to wade in to the politics of sorting through VMSL/VISL/FVSL, and so was trying to avoid selecting any of those teams for League 1.

21 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Still no teams listed. But good to see they list the interior as a location for teams.

I think the only teams that have been mentioned are those that left USL League 2 in anticipation of L1 BC being launched thus giving them a domestic league to plan in. 

7 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I think the only teams that have been mentioned are those that left USL League 2 in anticipation of L1 BC being launched thus giving them a domestic league to plan in. 

Yeah, I think we know (without it being confirmed) that TSS Rovers, Victoria Highlanders, and a Whitecaps academy team will all be in it, but nothing beyond that.

1 minute ago, Watchmen said:

Yeah, I think we know (without it being confirmed) that TSS Rovers, Victoria Highlanders, and a Whitecaps academy team will all be in it, but nothing beyond that.

Did the Whitecaps actually have teams in both PDL and PCSL at the time at one point, I do seem to remember that. It will be exciting to see how the VCup shakes out with this addition to the landscape. 

4 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Did the Whitecaps actually have teams in both PDL and PCSL at the time at one point, I do seem to remember that. It will be exciting to see how the VCup shakes out with this addition to the landscape. 

I don't think they did but I mostly stopped paying attention to PCSL after the PDL came along and they became pretty much irrelevant to player development.

8 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I'm pretty sure they did have a PDL team at one point. They've never had a team in the PCSL. That's always been more of a closed loop that sticks to itself. 

I have not listened to the Cones & Pinnies podcast (BC Soccer's in house podcast done by Peter Schaad), but it's a discussion of the new league.  I do know that they say there will be 7 teams to start with next year.  Listening to AFTN's latest podcast, it sounds like there's some VMSL teams that are upset about not being included in the new league.  But, as they discuss on it, when BC Soccer first tried to get a League 1 up and running back in about 2016, all teams were approached and BC Soccer had only 1 or 2 teams in the entire province interested.  So, they've come back now with a new league designed to be above the VMSL in the Canadian pyramid, and I have no sympathy for the teams that wanted the "status quo" and are now being left behind while the rest of the country/province tries to advance.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, rydermike said:

The League logo is interesting. Notice it says Canadian League1 BC. Could be the beginning of a national branding for the 3 semi-pro leagues.

Also, I noticed, they have since photoshopped out that logo on the scarf. Gives credence to a further announcement coming about the logo/branding.

They've already said it's not the permanent logo. I wouldn't read anything in to it.

29 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

They've already said it's not the permanent logo. I wouldn't read anything in to it.

The one on the scarf is different than the temporary logo from a couple weeks ago (the one on wikipedia right now). Look at the image posted in this thread with the Whitecaps unveiling on the Scarf they are holding. If you click the link you can see the logo has been photoshopped out on the sides of the scarf since, but the original photo is still showing on the photo above the link and I zoomed in below. The fact they have photoshopped it out basically confirms that this is the official logo, which is what I was referring to and was an accidental leak. It specifically says "Canadian League1 BC", the temporary logo only shows League1 BC.

wwwww.png

Edited by rydermike

1 hour ago, mtlsab said:

Pacific FC reserve team?

Nope.

Why would PFC spend extra money on running a team in this league when they can just do loans with the Highlanders? 

Why would the league want to cannibalize the already limited market by putting two teams in the CRD?