BC Soccer aiming to launch "Regional Tier 3 League"

shermanator

11 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Good news. With VMSL and other leagues starting this week I wonder if Whitecaps reserve sides will pop up in mens leagues. 

I believe someone, some where inquired about this as a possibility for the U23 side and apparently VMSL had a board meeting recently and it wasn't discussed.  So the answer was no, it's not something currently in the works.

• 1 month later...

League 1 BC was at least acknowledged in BC Soccer's "Year In Review" document.

"As part of the 2016 Strategic Plan, League 1 British Columbia was a concept designed to fill the development pathway space between BCSPL and the new Canadian Premier League. Often referred to as "Tier 3 Regional League", the League One brand was adopted to align with similar concepts across Canada, with the aim of one day connecting the leagues under on umbrella.

In the 2019-2020 year, League 1 BC advanced from a conceptual phase, to an application phase process for an inaugural season schedule for May 2021.

After engagement with organizations currently operating in the Semi Professional space, a request for proposal phase was followed with both a peer and independent review by a panel consisting of Paul Dolan, Andrea Neil and Michael Finlay.

With the COVID disruption, the process has been delayed and further discussions will need to take place with the successful applicants to determine whether a 2021 launch is still feasible, considering we may still be operating soccer under a cohort model, without the ability to allow spectators."

https://issuu.com/bcsoccer/docs/bc_20soccer_20year_20in_20review_202020_approved_2 

On page 21

Edited by NVsoccer

• 2 months later...

"Council will decide whether or not to support a request from a new North Shore soccer club to able to charge admission while using Kinsman Field at Mahon Park for home games in 2021. Altitude Football Club, a new semi-professional soccer team, will be participating in what will be the inaugural season of Soccer EC’s new “BC League 1,” which will include six new elite level men’s and women’s competitive clubs around the province."

https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/whats-up-at-council-this-week-city-north-vancouver-district-west-vancouver-3287083

Just now, NVsoccer said:

"Council will decide whether or not to support a request from a new North Shore soccer club to able to charge admission while using Kinsman Field at Mahon Park for home games in 2021. Altitude Football Club, a new semi-professional soccer team, will be participating in what will be the inaugural season of Soccer EC’s new “BC League 1,” which will include six new elite level men’s and women’s competitive clubs around the province."

https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/whats-up-at-council-this-week-city-north-vancouver-district-west-vancouver-3287083

Kinsman Field has a 610 seat bleacher (source: http://merletti.ca/PROJECTS/misc1.htm)

Also has 2 sets of change rooms

• Altitude FC is backed by Faly Academy
  • Both Men's and Women's Teams
  • Season runs between May to July
  • League is run by BC Soccer and is positioned just below CanPL
  • Branding & Club Name have been developed 
  • Minimum of 6 U23 players on the field
  • Maximum of 6 pro players per team
  • Maximum salary of $5000 per pro ($30,000 total)
  • Maximum of 3 import players (non-Canadian)

Source: https://www.cnv.org/your-government/council-meetings (January 25 2021 agenda pack)

2 hours ago, NVsoccer said:
  • Altitude FC is backed by Faly Academy
  • Both Men's and Women's Teams
  • Season runs between May to July
  • League is run by BC Soccer and is positioned just below CanPL
  • Branding & Club Name have been developed 
  • Minimum of 6 U23 players on the field
  • Maximum of 6 pro players per team
  • Maximum salary of $5000 per pro ($30,000 total)
  • Maximum of 3 import players (non-Canadian)

Source: https://www.cnv.org/your-government/council-meetings (January 25 2021 agenda pack)

I like that pitch. My son has played a few matches there as a visitor. It has a track, which is one of the only drawbacks from a venue that otherwise has a bit of that Swangard charm about it: AF1QipM6Vk8Cewap4-M3-xl_Yb1nPiMlq0blChQ0

I think TSS Rovers and Victoria Highlanders are givens. Both dropped out of Usl league two and said they wanted to join L1BC

Whitecaps also said they wanted to enter a team 

In the 2019 PCSL, FC Tigers Vancouver, Surrey United, and Okanagan FC finished top 4 in the PCSL (with the Highlanders). 

Surrey Central City Breakers won the 2019 Canadian Challenge Cup (national amateur champions) 

Maybe a couple of those teams join

Edited by rydermike

On 1/25/2021 at 11:00 PM, nolando said:

I like that pitch. My son has played a few matches there as a visitor. It has a track, which is one of the only drawbacks from a venue that otherwise has a bit of that Swangard charm about it: AF1QipM6Vk8Cewap4-M3-xl_Yb1nPiMlq0blChQ0

They're talking about playing at the grass field above this one at the old kinsmen stadium which only has metal bleachers now. Apparently a grass field was a requirement. Also nice as it has no rugby or field hockey lines.

40 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

They're talking about playing at the grass field above this one at the old kinsmen stadium which only has metal bleachers now. Apparently a grass field was a requirement. Also nice as it has no rugby or field hockey lines.

I sit corrected. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, NVsoccer said:

Agreed. I wish they could some how move the Fen Burdett stand over to Kinsman

The original Kinsmen stadium would have been nice.  After it burned down the city cheaped out and put those bleachers in claiming it had a 610 capacity.  I haven't lived in the Lower Mainland for a few years now, I was surprised at how Fen Burdett looks now.

Edited by Stanley
Poor Grammar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...