Altitude FC
TSS Rovers

My predictions:
Victoria United

Pacific FC

My hope: 

Nanaimo

a team closer to Kamloops (OV?)

Victoria Highlanders I'm pretty sure are in. Pacific fans seem to indicate they have no plans for a team yet. I think we'll get a team in the Surrey/Langley/Abbotsford area (ie in the Fraser Valley). So that leaves one "wild card" spot. Nanaimo would be great, but I think it's likely to be another in the GVRD. Coquitlam maybe, or another in the Fraser Valley.

Edited by Watchmen

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Victoria Highlanders I'm pretty sure are in. Pacific fans seem to indicate they have no plans for a team yet. I think we'll get a team in the Surrey/Langley/Abbotsford area (ie in the Fraser Valley). So that leaves one "wild card" spot. Nanaimo would be great, but I think it's likely to be another in the Fraser Valley.

I'm hoping for a Nanaimo Club as well and given the energy going into another CanPL team possibly in the Fraser Valley, I don't think they are gonna go for two teams at this point. 

3 hours ago, ted said:

I'm hoping for a Nanaimo Club as well and given the energy going into another CanPL team possibly in the Fraser Valley, I don't think they are gonna go for two teams at this point. 

Yeah, I meant another team in the GVRD. Coquitlam possibly. Wouldn't totally rule out two teams south of the Fraser though as you could still spread them out and not worry about a CPL team.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:43 PM, rydermike said:

There were reports that there would be multiple teams associated with universities. So far just Rivers FC with Thompson Rivers U. So probably a couple more. Plus they have to be named after some geographical feature apparently for these new teams based on the current precedent. Maybe some Mountains FC, Volcanoes FC, or Forest FC.

Well, Mountain FC is already a thing, one of the top HPL clubs in the province. I actually expect them to be a part of this setup as well. I wonder if UFV will be involved too? That would give us a Valley FC, perhaps?

On 11/19/2021 at 1:39 AM, CDNFootballer said:

Altitude FC's Kinsmen Stadium, 610 capacity :

Kinsmen Stadium.jpg

Right beside this is Fen Burdett Stadium with an artificial pitch and an old stand, covered and not so "tinny"---in fact I think I confused the two. But Fen Burdett has a track, not ideal. 

If they can upgrade this pitch for a League One team that would be amazing, keep the turf pitch for the kids coming up and work on having optimum grass for the first team.

7 hours ago, Stanley said:

Was a "real" stadium back in the day until someone burned the old wooden one down (had a roof) and they replaced it with a cheap set of bleachers as pictured.  Always doubted the 610 capacity that it claims to hold.

I had a clear memory of going to see a friend play rugby there, maybe around 1980, and seem to recall it was really nice, had great character. I wish I could find a picture of how it used to be. 

Does it make sense to have a League One club anywhere that is not a club with youth academies and therefore a community of kids and parents who will see the first team as a goal and reference?

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I had a clear memory of going to see a friend play rugby there, maybe around 1980, and seem to recall it was really nice, had great character. I wish I could find a picture of how it used to be. 

North Shore Colts used to play there.  Look at the names on their roster:https://www.google.com/search?q=kinsmen+stadium+north+shore+colts&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA976CA976&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiVy-rUv6z0AhXI3J4KHXnDA_4Q_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1920&bih=969&dpr=1#imgrc=UAfwH7BAvBytRM

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You refer to Mike Findlay? I have a Vancouver friend, now in England, who I believe coached him, or played with him, don't recall. He knows his partner as well.

On the leading scorer list, Arnie Meers, who played earlier for the Sounders, and then later for the 86ers.

See Danny Lenarduzzi, Bobby and Sam's brother, was on the list of scorers there. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 11/20/2021 at 1:45 AM, ted said:

Slap an awning over that "stand" and a fence around the ground you have an English fourth Division club setup. ;)

The new Main Stand and the away end for those derby matches against Unity FC, FC Ambition, Dedication FC, Rivers FC , FC Bogs & Tree Frogs FC:

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 0.39.28.png

Edited by vancanman

On 11/23/2021 at 2:41 AM, Stanley said:

This stadium with that old stand would have been perfect for this league.