March in Scotland

Fifth Official

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny to read the Scottish supporters comments about this match. They are not pleased that we are being used as prep. I hope we assemble as serious team and actually challenge them in some way. If we send a similar squad to Scotland as we did to Bermuda we will get whalloped

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

It's funny to read the Scottish supporters comments about this match. They are not pleased that we are being used as prep. I hope we assemble as serious team and actually challenge them in some way. If we send a similar squad to Scotland as we did to Bermuda we will get whalloped

Iirc mark habet said this would be a u23 mostly

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

Yes. Made the mistake of trudging through a bunch of comments on the Scottish FA Twitter. After that, I'd absolutely love to beat them. Well, I'd love to beat them anyway, but you know.

14 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I hope Haber was confusing our U23 camp in Qatar with this friendly. Even Atiba would get more exposure by playing this friendly in the UK, if his Premier League aspirations are still alive. 

I hope you're right here's the quote

“I think we have a camp in March but I don’t think it is for a full squad.

“I believe they are looking to take an U/23 squad, so I probably won’t be involved in any internationals throughout the rest of the season.

12 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I think you're confusing it with the team in Qatar.  We definitely don't have enough suitable U23s in Europe to send to this.  

As you can see it's his thinking not mine. I do fully agree with you but could of phrased my post better

It would be such a CSA thing to do though.  Train U23 squads up until we actually need our squad in 2019 and then leave off all the good players that you trained/needed and crash out of Olympic qualifying.  GENIUS.  

ASSUMING we're not complete morons (do you think even the US would bring a U23 squad to Scotland?).  We could actually bring a pretty good team that could actually get a result here.

8 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Sending an U23 team to face a relatively premium opponent would be incredibly stupid. We would get humiliated and lose out on valuable experience.

I know finlay wants to check out the u23 guys in more detail but i hope he uses this camp to give a lot of the euro guys a look

On 2017-01-19 at 9:17 AM, Kent said:

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, Canada/Galt's competition in that tournament was 2 different American teams. Doesn't seem very FIFA official to me.

Kinda hard to be FIFA Games when FIFA was only founded May 21 of that year and only included France, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland at the time of the football competition.

FIFA didn't have anything to do with the Olympic tournament until 1924.

2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Yes. Made the mistake of trudging through a bunch of comments on the Scottish FA Twitter. After that, I'd absolutely love to beat them. Well, I'd love to beat them anyway, but you know.

I hope Arfield scores a hat-trick. I know he won't and shouldn't but it would be hilarious to see their reactions to him celebrating his goals like he won the game 

Archived