CFU to spilt from CONCACAF?

3 hours ago, matty said:

It'd be nice to see but I thin they'll stick with regional qualifying. That said can they place MAKE NAFU A THING.

NAFU: Canada, US, Mexico, Cuba, Belize, Bermuda, Bahamas (2 powerhouses, 3 dark horses, 2 minnows)

NAFU Cup: 3+1 spots in Gold Cup (not counting a host nation)
CAFU Cup: 4+1 spots in Gold Cup
CFU Cup: 6+1 spots in Gold Cup

3 extra teams play a round robin tourney with the top 2 getting spots

I'm not going to lie, I don't like that idea. But aside from my preferences, did you really mean to have 15 teams? Or am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'm not going to lie, I don't like that idea. But aside from my preferences, did you really mean to have 15 teams? Or am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

No it's 16 counting whoever hosts the gold cup (I'm assuming it could be one of the US-Canada-Mexico and they would auto qualify) and fair enough. I think it's preferable to the current system while maintaining the cores of concacaf but I know a lot here dislike the concacaf style. 

i really don't them getting rid of the regional qualifying for the gold cup so i'm championing this as a way to give canada some competitive matches.

world cup yes i do think they'll create a more complete qualifying (maybe 5 groups of 7 with a 12 game 2 year qualifying process with the winners getting a world cup spot and the best runner up getting a .5)

19 hours ago, matty said:

No it's 16 counting whoever hosts the gold cup (I'm assuming it could be one of the US-Canada-Mexico and they would auto qualify) and fair enough. I think it's preferable to the current system while maintaining the cores of concacaf but I know a lot here dislike the concacaf style. 

i really don't them getting rid of the regional qualifying for the gold cup so i'm championing this as a way to give canada some competitive matches.

world cup yes i do think they'll create a more complete qualifying (maybe 5 groups of 7 with a 12 game 2 year qualifying process with the winners getting a world cup spot and the best runner up getting a .5)

Ah, a hosting spot. I see. So if USA hosts, then seemingly "North America" still gets 3+1 spots on top of that hosting spot. So presumably Mexico, Canada, and Cuba get in, and Bermuda, Bahamas, and Belize get to fight for the +1 spot.

I had hoped that Montagliani's talk of "one CONCACAF" would mean changes like I was suggesting, but I suspect you are right that they won't get rid of regional qualifying. Heck, "one CONCACAF" has already split the CCL into 2 tournaments.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Ah, a hosting spot. I see. So if USA hosts, then seemingly "North America" still gets 3+1 spots on top of that hosting spot. So presumably Mexico, Canada, and Cuba get in, and Bermuda, Bahamas, and Belize get to fight for the +1 spot.

Basically. I was think they'd do a random draw to create 2 groups of 3, that play a 2 game round robin with the new FIFA shootout rule. So maybe the minnows get lucky.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's pretty clear that Gordon Derrick is the source for all of Inside World Football's reporting.  He's facing a 4 year ban for a laundry list of corruption charges yet these fools blindly believe he's a saint.

Montagliani found his helpers in a number of Uncle Toms, Dutch and Latino operatives who spearhead the campaign against Derrick and want to curry favour with the White Men in Zurich and beyond

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/04/25/news-analysis-qataris-uncle-toms-asian-gooders/

2 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Now more than ever would be the best time for the government of Canada to accept Turks and Caicos into the confederation. Canada joins CFU. 

CPL clubs would dominate the CFU Club Championship and we'd battle for the Caribbean Cup every two years so yes...yes we should....also winter games at home

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-9 at 10:53 PM, matty said:

CPL clubs would dominate the CFU Club Championship and we'd battle for the Caribbean Cup every two years so yes...yes we should....also winter games at home

This statement is like a lesbian waving a 12" dildo around and telling a bunch of dudes her dick is bigger than theirs. 

Hint: she doesn't have a dick and the CPL doesn't exist yet.

3 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

This statement is like a lesbian waving a 12" dildo around and telling a bunch of dudes her dick is bigger than theirs. 

What!?!?! Don't you know that the CPL is already the third best league in CONCACAF!

2 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Ok
-the whole Canada taking over TnC is dumb
-My statement was meant to be dumb hence the "winter home games" part
-The CPL does exist. A more correct comment would be "the CPL isn't active yet"

3 minutes ago, matty said:

Ok
-the whole Canada taking over TnC is dumb
-My statement was meant to be dumb hence the "winter home games" part
-The CPL does exist. A more correct comment would be "the CPL isn't active yet"

porkys.jpg?w=816&h=9999

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2017 at 5:25 PM, matty said:

If French Guiana can play in CFU, then Saint Pierre and Miquelon can play in NAFU :)

Archived