2017 MLS Combine, Canucks

Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, shermanator said:

Seems MLS is making up the roster rules as they go. Will work out well for Nanco and Awuah but it really sucks for guys like Laryea or even Bekker who didn't get the same benefit despite being a higher profile prospect.

I am shocked by this unprecedented behaviour.

Awuah, Shome, Nanco and Wright all make their respective lists in this draft prospect article:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/01/10/parchman-ranking-top-5-mls-superdraft-prospects-each-position

No Andonijah Reid but they only have five names listed for both striker positions (ie. Target forward & striker who plays off the target forward), rather than for 5 each.

23 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

I assume you are being sarcastic, because MLS has a long history of making up new rules as they go along to fit whatever seems expedient at any given moment. What's the criteria for the other three getting domestic status? The combine invite?

Yes I was being sarcastic.

As for how the others got domestic status, I was assuming Sigma got that certified club status or whatever it is called, which would give Awuah and Nanco domestic status. I don't know anything about Wright. Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume they all developed with certified clubs (I'm sure this is the wrong term, but I can't remember at the moment).

27 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Is the draft televised?

If all the Canadians are counted as domestics I hope a US team drafts them. There is enough Canadian competition for spots on the Canadian teams. Would like to see more Canadians on the US teams

I think it's only being streamed.  Because it's at 3pm ET, that's actually a better solution for me.  My productivity at work is going to drop rather significantly around then.

Archived