The MLS Sucks Thread

Mister215Guy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

As a lifelong supporter of WAPDA, because they provide the best water and power development in south Asia, I must thank you for the memories evoked from this post.  By the way, the Pakistani division 8 elephant races are comparable to anything MLS has to offer.

:):):):)

7 hours ago, Toje said:

:):):):)

Thank you so much for the memories.  Growing up in Pakistan was far superior for the simple reason that I could follow WAPDA.  Please forgive my English, I just learned it yesterday.  

You can really see how superior the Pakistani 8th division is at 00:26.  An MLS defender would have panicked and just got the ball to any teammate and the tiny crowd would clap politely, but the Pakistani 8th division player manages to find the touchline and as the ball sailed off into the trees, the enormous crowd (the largest crowd to see a soccer game ever, period, both in person and around the world) went wild.  

4 hours ago, Mister215Guy said:

Hey, NASL just made Canadians domestic. If MLS does the same, the quality of play will improve enough to be respectable in the world. You need Canadians to win the CCL, American players will never beat Mexico.

I agree.  American players will never beat Monaco (the national team that is, not AS Monaco).

On 1/29/2017 at 8:22 PM, Mister215Guy said:

A squad of MLS starters can't beat a Serbia C team! And the Serbia team had less training time and was still jet-lagged!!

I totally agree with you.  A number of months ago I was visiting a friend of mine in Belgrade, as we were looking to invest in a sugar beet processing factory.  I was going to supply the brains of the operation while my friend was going to supply the capital, as he had made a small fortune by investing in Allen keys right before Ikea started opening its North American stores.  This was before the Allen key market collapsed due to an influx of cheap Chinese knockoffs, so I am sure you all understand the amount of money my friend had to burn.

As chance would have it, the Serbian national team was playing the following day in an international friendly.  Not wanting to miss out on the chance to see this European juggernaut take the field, we immediately bought tickets without knowing who the opponent would be.  The next day we showed up eagerly expecting to see a match between two teams that would surpass the mighty WAPDA FC or Doncaster in both skill and expertise.  However, much to our horror, it turned out the Serbian opponent was Malta!  Due to the quality of the Maltese team and due to the fact that the game was on a non-FIFA date, Serbia was fielding a C team (at best).

The game disappointed in every sense of the word.  Players hoofed the ball up the field at the nearest sign of any defensive pressure.   Back passes were abandoned after several giveaways that led to strikers breaking in all alone, despite the fact that every shot on these breakaways missed the net.  Offensive players would flop to the ground attempting to win free kicks despite no opponents being near them.  All in all, it was a waste of three hours of my life, with the additional hour being wasted due to an abomination of a half time show that included parts of the stands being set ablaze when the fireworks went off too early.

All in all, it was a terrible day.  I have yet to see MLS offer anything better.

7 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

I totally agree with you.  A number of months ago I was visiting a friend of mine in Belgrade, as we were looking to invest in a sugar beet processing factory.  I was going to supply the brains of the operation while my friend was going to supply the capital, as he had made a small fortune by investing in Allen keys right before Ikea started opening its North American stores.  This was before the Allen key market collapsed due to an influx of cheap Chinese knockoffs, so I am sure you all understand the amount of money my friend had to burn.

As chance would have it, the Serbian national team was playing the following day in an international friendly.  Not wanting to miss out on the chance to see this European juggernaut take the field, we immediately bought tickets without knowing who the opponent would be.  The next day we showed up eagerly expecting to see a match between two teams that would surpass the mighty WAPDA FC or Doncaster in both skill and expertise.  However, much to our horror, it turned out the Serbian opponent was Malta!  Due to the quality of the Maltese team and due to the fact that the game was on a non-FIFA date, Serbia was fielding a C team (at best).

The game disappointed in every sense of the word.  Players hoofed the ball up the field at the nearest sign of any defensive pressure.   Back passes were abandoned after several giveaways that led to strikers breaking in all alone, despite the fact that every shot on these breakaways missed the net.  Offensive players would flop to the ground attempting to win free kicks despite no opponents being near them.  All in all, it was a waste of three hours of my life, with the additional hour being wasted due to an abomination of a half time show that included parts of the stands being set ablaze when the fireworks went off too early.

All in all, it was a terrible day.  I have yet to see MLS offer anything better.

Friend should of invested in those weird round things with teeth that holds stuff in place so you don't use the drill that much

On 2017-02-03 at 6:53 PM, Mister215Guy said:
This shows how pathetic MLS really is...why the hell would you troll a legend that's bigger than your entire worthless league put together? Who else would post shit like this for a star's retirement?

Hey idiot, that was a post from the NY team, not the freaking league. If you think that wouldn't in the EPL you are delusional.

8 hours ago, ted said:

Hey idiot, that was a post from the NY team, not the freaking league. If you think that wouldn't in the EPL you are delusional.

You don't disrespect a legend retiring like that. The league should be responsible of what comes out of the clubs. This is not the first time MLS has shown signs of being scum. Earlier last season they made a post about Nigel De Jong. Also, remember the survey MLS players got and they claim an MLS club could survive the Premier League? MLS clubs won't be good enough for League Two!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived