The MLS Sucks Thread

Mister215Guy

To answer your question @Mister215Guy I have never met either of them, so I will have to vote based on avatars. El Hombre has an actual human being on his avatar, but Grizzly only has a default image. I suppose I will go with El Hombre for putting in the ground game for this vote, regardless of whether the pic is of him or not.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-01-03 at 6:36 AM, El Hombre said:

I noticed a lot of Canadian fans (myself included) say that El Hombre deserves 1000% more footrubs than he is currently getting.  This is a grassroots movement that is really taking hold in Canada, from what I've been hearing.

Now you are just getting plain kinky, nay, WEIRD!!!

38 minutes ago, Kent said:

To answer your question @Mister215Guy I have never met either of them, so I will have to vote based on avatars. El Hombre has an actual human being on his avatar, but Grizzly only has a default image. I suppose I will go with El Hombre for putting in the ground game for this vote, regardless of whether the pic is of him or not.

Wrong answer because you did not evaluate the debate on this issue properly. I have already stated that the debate is between the rugged handsomeness of El Hombre versus my suave charm. Thus, my looks or lack of picture in my avatar is immaterial to the debate because my suave charm is easy to evaluate from the tenor of my posts. Of course the choice is democratic and you are entitled to choose who you want (even if not choosing me is supporting the terrorists) but it is absolutely crucial that the decision is based on a proper evaluation of the choices.

OK, Fabian Castillo of FC Dallas, who was one of the best MLS players earlier last year, isn't good enough to start in a bottom table Turkish club. Also recent MLS exports to Europe can't even crack 2nd and 3rd divisions. Considering that MLS players have ZERO technical skills, Canada needs to get away from this and develop players properly. 

9 hours ago, Mister215Guy said:

If anyone has time, you can find several League Two matches that are above and beyond the skill level of the MLS Cup match. A bottom table League Two team could win MLS without breaking a sweat.

I totally agree.  A number of months ago I was visiting a friend in Doncaster, as I wanted to sample some of the local fish and chips.  I often find that nothing beats a freshly caught Doncaster perch dipped in a delectable Parmesan and garlic batter.  I happened to meet up with a friend of mine down at the local fishing wharf, as that's where all of the best shops can be found. My friend had made a small fortune by converting all of his pounds into EUROs and then converting back to pounds after Angela Merkel had made that unfortunate comment about the EURO "not being worth more than a Dortmund sausage."  But those were simpler times when a man could make a buck by hedging his bets on a loose lipped politician.  Unfortunately, those days are long gone.

As luck would have it, my friend and I were able to acquire two tickets to the Doncaster vs. Luton Town match and settled in our seats to watch the game while munching away on our Parmesan perch.  And as much as I loved that deep fried batter, I must say the football match was better!  Both teams played with the levels of audacity and experience that I had not seen since my last trip to Pakistan to watch their championship match.  The score ended 2-1 for Doncaster, with the winning goal resulting from a bicycle scorpion kick by the keeper, who had inexplicably pushed forward on a corner kick despite the score being tied.

After the match, luck struck again as we boarded a double decker bus only to discover that it was the same bus that was taking the Doncaster players to a local pub to celebrate their victory.  We spent the evening drinking with the lads, swapping tales, and didn't find ourselves back home until 2am.

All in all, it was a fantastic day.  I have yet to see MLS do anything comparable.

2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

How was the next day?

It was ruined when I turned on the TV and saw a bunch of no-talent US college boys with ZERO technical skills playing for shitty MLS teams in front of uninformed fans - with the talent on par with the worst squads in the Kazakhstan 12th division (where they have a surprisingly deep pyramid structure). 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

It was ruined when I turned on the TV and saw a bunch of no-talent US college boys with ZERO technical skills playing for shitty MLS teams in front of uninformed fans - with the talent on par with the worst squads in the Kazakhstan 12th division (where they have a surprisingly deep pyramid structure). 

Have you even WATCHED Kazakhi 12th division soccer?!?!?

Maybe get an INFORMED opinion before posting.

Jeezus!

Archived