• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Earns his first senior cap as a substitute against Cuba at the  Gold Cup.

Played 90 in a 0-0 draw vs ATL last night. 

Miller quietly working his way back in after Moutinho got hurt.  Started the last 3 at LB (7 in total for the year) for a pretty good Orlando club.  He is racking up the yellows though.  

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Just put in an awful clearing attempt right to the red bull player that led to a goal against. Has played well otherwise 

Yeah, that was straight out of the Omar Gonzalez playbook.  That said, outside of that play, he was decent.  He's comfortable with the ball.  Not sure if he has the foot speed to pay fullback in a four man backline.

He's not a fullback. That much is clear. He's good on the ball and pretty decent at defending 1 on 1s. I'd like to see him get some chances as a CB. 

My notes from the 2nd half;

- Calm on the ball

- Poor with his weak foot (Left foot)

- I liked his positioning (Though he tucked in a lot so I'm not sure if that's due to instructions he was given or if he's just used to playing as a CB)

- Average pace, when going up against quicker wingers it's easier to tell, this could be a problem for us but luckily we have Davies who plays LB with the mens program

- Bad pass (with his weak foot) that directly led to the NYRB goal 

He is very left footed though and should have never played that pass into the centre of the pitch. That goal was on him.

He seems to have bouts of poor concentration causing some sort of error like tonight, or doesn't track a runner, get's flat footed. If he could sort out the mental side, he's be top CB/LB in MLS. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great battle with ZBG tonight which he mostly won. Seems like he has filled out and aged 10 years since last I saw him play but looks like a beast! 

Thought he looked solid, was in the action and lots of Orlando attacks started with him throughout the game. Was a bit confused why he would get subbed out at 59 but he had a great game imo.