Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Not such good news for Miller as Orlando seem to be stockpiling even more CB. Hopefully he can still get some minutes at LB.   

https://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2020/01/02/2019-20-offseason-transaction-tracker

A lot of his minutes for club and country came at left back last year. Perhaps he will continue the fight for minutes in that role, while filling in his more natural centre back position as needed.

I still expect him to expand on last year's game time.

Like the stadium this game is at , Championship Stadium home of Orange County of USL Championship. It fits close to 6000 , opened in 2017 would make for a nice CPL stadium if it was situated in a Canadian city. So this is basically a World Cup qualification game just  as important as any World Cup qualification game of the past no matter how you slice it, just win these next few games and worry about El Salvador later .

Edited by SoccMan

3 hours ago, SoccMan said:

So this is basically a World Cup qualification game just  as important as any World Cup qualification game of the past no matter how you slice it, just win these next few games and worry about El Salvador later .

Yes, no more friendlies, every game counts.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Noticed that too, sucks. Maybe we'll get to see Tesho and Chapman? lol.

I figure that Tesho will be on for sure tonight considering that he's pretty important for Orlando. I'm not sure we'll see Chapman tho

Edited by Nate3322

On 6/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, Big_M said:

leaps and bounds..lol slow down..he got 14 starts last year but we gotta see this year..up to now on the bench..and orlando is loaded at cb so he will have to fight for lb with moutinho and 1-2 others

doesnt make the 23..saw it coming

10 hours ago, Bdog said:

The level of play was reallyyyyy bad this game lol. 

I actually thought the level of play was pretty good for a preseason game, which is essentially what this tournament is - a glorified preseason (among other things).

Pandemic or not, I can see MLS making this an ongoing thing. Late January have the teams gather in Florida for a "competitive" preseason tournament that counts towards the regular season and more importantly, gives the Champions League teams a much needed early start with the benefit of warm weather training ahead of the CCL. Furthermore, an annual MLSisBACK tournament gives MLS the opportunity to be innovative and different, which clearly it prides itself on.

Awarding a Champions League spot to the winner also gets rid of the awkward "best non-supporters shield team from the opposite conference" CCL birth. 

Edited by Obinna

9 hours ago, Obinna said:

I actually thought the level of play was pretty good for a preseason game, which is essentially what this tournament is - a glorified preseason (among other things).

Pandemic or not, I can see MLS making this an ongoing thing. Late January have the teams gather in Florida for a "competitive" preseason tournament that counts towards the regular season and more importantly, gives the Champions League teams a much needed early start with the benefit of warm weather training ahead of the CCL. Furthermore, an annual MLSisBACK tournament gives MLS the opportunity to be innovative and different, which clearly it prides itself on.

Awarding a Champions League spot to the winner also gets rid of the awkward "best non-supporters shield team from the opposite conference" CCL birth. 

I agree with this and the cpl should try do to something like this as well. Victoria or Vancouver? Or even a Carribean location?

9 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I agree with this and the cpl should try do to something like this as well. Victoria or Vancouver? Or even a Carribean location?

didn't last year the CPL do that exact thing by all the teams going to the Dominican Republic or something....

Tesho got a goal, though a gimme he helped in the buildup.

Disappointing for a Miller, but Orlando are doing the job without him so you can't call the manager an idiot. See a ton of potential in him so maybe his future is somewhere else.