Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Wow people are harsh on our CBs. One day Henry is getting criticized from a bad VAR call and now Miller from 2 Orlando goals.

First goal #2 runs over the ball handing it to the RSL forward and the second noone picks up a run to the top of the box. Neither can be pinned on Miller.

Very harsh.  His defensive partner was the one who got beat and failed to clear when he had the chance and #2 he let the low cross in but there were 3 defenders in the box....how do u blame him on that one?  Jansson and Oneil are veterans that have played in europe.

Funny how Lareya got blamed last week for losing the ball at the center line, not the guys who let the cross in.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I felt Miller did solid in his first few games of 2019 and why he earned himself a late addition call for the injury replacement in the FG match for the CMNT.

Is Shane O'neill hurt? sounds like Orlando's backline is lacking some depth so great opportunity for Miller to see the field. Hope he keeps crushing it.

Edited by apbsmith

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Looked like he might be on the bench with Jansson (CB) coming back from injury, but he came on at LB at half time last night.  

That's a big sign you have earned the manager's trust like that. Do you know if Orlando shifted the formation or the player's positions after he was subbed on at half? as in, did they actually play Millar at LB? thx

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Bison44 said:

He had a solid game at LB against TFC  on TSN last night.  I was surprised at how often he did go forward and join in on the attack.  He didnt look out of place at all. If he can fill in at LB as well that bodes well for him getting minutes the rest of the season.  

To be fair, he was defending against Endoh most of the night.  That makes for an easier shift than most.  Him and Delgado are just black holes when the ball comes to them.

3 hours ago, El Hombre said:

To be fair, he was defending against Endoh most of the night.  That makes for an easier shift than most.  Him and Delgado are just black holes when the ball comes to them.

Awww, come on, Endoh is active, trying to make runs etc, and can let a long shot go if you give him lots of space (I cant believe i am sticking up for Endoh).  Delgado......100% black hole...and for a guy who always makes back passes he turns the ball over way too much.  I cant believe we have CDN lined up in midfield waiting, while Delgado keeps getting starts.  Chapman and Fraser should be getting a big chunk of his minutes.  

So you dont think Chapman could have played in the middle next to Bradley last game?  I'm sure he could have coughed up the ball just as much as Delgado.  And it seems to me it was Delgado not covering much ground watching (or not watching) Michel sprint past him for the Orlando goal.  Cripes Delgado has played FB for TFC, he should know better.  He was dogging it back and ball watching and Vanney had him off the field in about 2minutes.   

7 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Miller's thumping challenge to win the ball off of Shaffelburg was a thing of beauty.  I hope they keep him in the starting picture at LB.  He might emerge as our guy in that spot.  If he's got the quickness and the defensive IQ, he doesn't need to bring that much to the offensive side of things.

Considering how much Canada needs a decent LB, a reincarnation of Ante Jazic would be nice. But in modern game, fullbacks are such a big part of the attack

2 hours ago, Yohan said:

Considering how much Canada needs a decent LB, a reincarnation of Ante Jazic would be nice. But in modern game, fullbacks are such a big part of the attack

I think we need a guy who out there who's going to be solid defensively, defending 1 v 1 or as  part of the back line or whole team unit.  I don't want some guy out there who's going to have me holding my breath (or doing the late, great Graeme Leggatt sucking sound) any time an attack gets targetted in his area of the pitch.