Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Would like to see:

-----------------Larin--------------------
Hoilett---------Arfield-------Wotherspoon
-------Hutchinson---Johnson------------
De Jong--James-Jakovic--Ledgerwood

Some good options off the bench:
Osorio
Aird
Vitoria
Cavallini/Haber
Akindele
Piette

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are a fickle bunch. Alternate title: What a week.

March 21st: We need Davies at right mid!!! Cap him, plus he is legitimately the best player in that position that we have.
March 22nd: OMG, did you see Aird today? He was man of the match for sure. I think he nailed down the starting right mid spot.
March 29th: "The Spoob" is eligible for us and seems to want to play with us. I've never seen him play a game but I watched his highlights. He's got to play right mid for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kent said:

Am I the only one trying to remember what the penalty is for players and staff on the bench running onto the field?

I think waaaaaay back when I did my refereeing license in the mid 90's it was a yellow card for a player to enter the field without the refs permission. I'm not sure what the punishment would be for the staff. Hard to tell from the highlights, but it looks like Nicaragua was able to do that (twice). Maybe they'll get a little fine or something, at most.

Players are still a yellow - non-players can't be carded but they still can be instructed to leave the pitch & surroundings.

Edited by Gopherbashi
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine Wotherspoon starting the GC. Coming off the bench -- sure. I agree with Kent -- we are a fickle bunch. whether it would be for loving Davies and then ditching him for Wothersppon or for hating Haber and then loving him and then hating him again.

Would we be excited if we learned that Haber (A SPL regular) was suddenly eligible to be Canadian? Would he be pushing players who have been in the system for a long time off the starting line? I doubt it. This is why we're on a chat board and someone else is caoching the national team I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bully said:

Would like to see:

-----------------Larin--------------------
Hoilett---------Arfield-------Wotherspoon
-------Hutchinson---Johnson------------
De Jong--James-Jakovic--Ledgerwood

Some good options off the bench:
Osorio
Aird
Vitoria
Cavallini/Haber
Akindele
Piette

 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Assuming Hutch is done...

 

---------Larin----Akindele-------

-Hoilett----Wotherspoon----Arfield

---------------Johnson------------

DeJong---Henry---James--Ledgerwood

-------------Borjan-----------

 

cavalini, osorio, piette, Chapman, vitoria, Morgan, Jankovic on the bench

What did Straith do wrong to lose his place in the team? And why is Haber not in your team Dominic?....Just noticed Henry as well 0.o you do know he did his ACL right?

Edited by Fastfeet2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kent said:

We are a fickle bunch. Alternate title: What a week.

March 21st: We need Davies at right mid!!! Cap him, plus he is legitimately the best player in that position that we have.
March 22nd: OMG, did you see Aird today? He was man of the match for sure. I think he nailed down the starting right mid spot.
March 29th: "The Spoob" is eligible for us and seems to want to play with us. I've never seen him play a game but I watched his highlights. He's got to play right mid for us.

Collectively fickle, maybe - but lots don't sway quite that easily.  I still want Davies in the GC squad - not because he is a lock for the best at that position presently amongst all contenders, but for what he brings to the team for years to come.  I am hoping OZ will start to make some of these strategic moves given his oversight of the youth levels as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fastfeet2 said:

 

What did Straith do wrong to lose his place in the team? And why is Haber not in your team Dominic?....Just noticed Henry as well 0.o you do know he did his ACL right?

Did not know about Henry, sucks. 

 

Whats are CB chart like ?

 

i don't like Haber, never really impressed me, I also left out Ian Hume.

 

i wanted to go a bit younger at the back... wish we could get Ferreira.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Did not know about Henry, sucks. 

 

Whats are CB chart like ?

 

i don't like Haber, never really impressed me, I also left out Ian Hume.

 

i wanted to go a bit younger at the back... wish we could get Ferreira.

Don't think anyone's surprised you left out Hume

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

 

What did Straith do wrong to lose his place in the team? And why is Haber not in your team Dominic?....Just noticed Henry as well 0.o you do know he did his ACL right?

Nice catches.

He has been a loyal soldier, that's for sure (Straith), I hope he is a regular for FCE. I have just never rated him as a starting CB. But, may be a better option that Jakovic, we will see.

I'm liking our depth in attacking options!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the locks (if healthy/available) are Borjan, Ledgerwood, Straith, James, Jakovic, De Jong, Piette, Johnson, Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Larin, Akindele, Ricketts 

14 - All players who receive a call anytime they're available.  

After that I'd say the 2 other keepers will be Thomas and Leutwiler

The 7 other outfield players Vitoria, Aird, Tissot, Attakora, Haber, Bustos, Petrasso

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I think that the locks (if healthy/available) are Borjan, Ledgerwood, Straith, James, Jakovic, De Jong, Piette, Johnson, Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Larin, Akindele, Ricketts 

14 - All players who receive a call anytime they're available.  

After that I'd say the 2 other keepers will be Thomas and Leutwiler

The 7 other outfield players Vitoria, Aird, Tissot, Attakora, Haber, Bustos, Petrasso

Damn...Osorio still getting snubbed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Actually, no it is not. There's a long way from the bench of Brighton as a loanee and playing for England U20's to Chelsea and England NT.

Im still condfident we have a good chance. Michael Keane, Eric Dier, John Stones, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Phil Jagielka, Rob Holding, Joe Gomez and Callum Chambers are all still ahead of him in the pecking order. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Im still condfident we have a good chance. Michael Keane, Eric Dier, John Stones, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Phil Jagielka, Rob Holding, Joe Gomez and Callum Chambers are all still ahead of him in the pecking order. 

I still think it's more likely than not that he never plays for England NT. Nigeria would also be a problem though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2017 at 1:17 PM, Bully said:

Would like to see:

-----------------Larin--------------------
Hoilett---------Arfield-------Wotherspoon
-------Hutchinson---Johnson------------
De Jong--James-Jakovic--Ledgerwood

Some good options off the bench:
Osorio
Aird
Vitoria
Cavallini/Haber
Akindele
Piette

 

On 3/29/2017 at 1:45 PM, Dominic94 said:

Assuming Hutch is done...

 

---------Larin----Akindele-------

-Hoilett----Wotherspoon----Arfield

---------------Johnson------------

DeJong---Henry---James--Ledgerwood

-------------Borjan-----------

 

cavalini, osorio, piette, Chapman, vitoria, Morgan, Jankovic on the bench

Agree with previous comments about us being fickle. Wotherspoon never played a minute for us, plays his club soccer in the SPL (and not Celtic or Rangers), and all of a sudden he's in peoples starting 11's? Seems a little disrespectful to the current player pool, e.g. guys like Akindele and Osario, who are playing at a similar (or arguably higher) level, and who's spot it should be to loose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...