League1 Ontario 2017

Gopherbashi

1 hour ago, Rocket Robin said:

Not so fast Zem!  Sigma two games to play.  49 points + 6 for two wins and they also have 55 points like Oakville so OBD needs a result against Woodbridge in their last game on Wednesday. 

If teams are tied there will be a tiebreaker game on the same weekend as the championship would  been played and the championship game will be pushed back to the weekend after that.  (heard this answer from Cormac Rea L1O Communication Coordinator at that Sanjaxx game on Sunday).    Otherwise the Championship game's on Sunday the 15th at Ontario Soccer Centre across the city from the TFC vs Montreal MLS game which will include the Shield presentation.  56 L1O games for me so far this season but I'll miss the big one! 

The first tiebreaker is total wins, Oakville have 18 and Sigma can't have more than 17. A playoff only happens if the teams are tied on points, total wins, head-to-head points and head-to-head goal difference, in that order.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0121/1208/1_L1O_Operations_Manual_v8_10_updated_03_30_2017.pdf

If that's what they're going to do it certainly doesn't line up with the league's own regulations as they were written this spring.

On 02/10/2017 at 11:21 PM, Rocket Robin said:

Not so fast Zem!  Sigma two games to play.  49 points + 6 for two wins and they also have 55 points like Oakville so OBD needs a result against Woodbridge in their last game on Wednesday. 

If teams are tied there will be a tiebreaker game on the same weekend as the championship would  been played and the championship game will be pushed back to the weekend after that.  (heard this answer from Cormac Rea L1O Communication Coordinator at that Sanjaxx game on Sunday).    Otherwise the Championship game's on Sunday the 15th at Ontario Soccer Centre across the city from the TFC vs Montreal MLS game which will include the Shield presentation.  56 L1O games for me so far this season but I'll miss the big one! 

It's idiotic to have the game on the 15th. Real shame as I've been in anticipation of this game all season but can't miss the Montreal game. 

from my Week 24 L1O thread:  last two lines is good news for fans: 

Hey I can say "I saw Oakville clinch the West and Woodbridge
win the East in the same night!". I wasn't planning on being
here but I expected this would be the last time I saw one
of the finalists as the final is scheduled at the same day
as the MLS Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact game (Sunday October 15)
which will be the last TFC home game of the regular season
and the presentation of the Shield for finishing first in the
MLS regular season. L1O chairperson Dino Rossi told me they
had scheduled the game for Saturday the 14 for Ontario Soccer
Centre back in the spring but Toronto FC II bumped them
as they have priority. That won't happen next year as TFC II
will play their games at BMO Field and Lamport Stadium.
[Late news less than 24 hours after tonight's game—the final
has been moved to Friday October 20 at 7:30pm at the OSC].

• 2 weeks later...

The starting lineups are:

Oakville

Matt George

Brandon Duarte

Anthony Novak

Al James

Hitesh Joshi

Taylor McNamara

Mathew Santos

Filipe Vilela

Judah Hernandez

Victor Gallo

Connor McNamara

Woodbridge

Quillan Roberts

Michael Krzeminski

Marco Nunes

Emmanuel Isaac

Stephen Almeida

Christian Cavallini

Oscar Cordon

Dylan Carreiro

Joshua Paredes-Proctor

Kyle Watson

Quante Abbott Hill Smith

On 20/10/2017 at 7:32 PM, Zem said:

The starting lineups are:

Oakville

Matt George

Brandon Duarte

Anthony Novak

Al James

Hitesh Joshi

Taylor McNamara

Mathew Santos

Filipe Vilela

Judah Hernandez

Victor Gallo

Connor McNamara

Woodbridge

Quillan Roberts

Michael Krzeminski

Marco Nunes

Emmanuel Isaac

Stephen Almeida

Christian Cavallini

Oscar Cordon

Dylan Carreiro

Joshua Paredes-Proctor

Kyle Watson

Quante Abbott Hill Smith

Is he Lucas's brother or something? Doubt there are too many Cavallini families in Southern ON.

3 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Is he Lucas's brother or something? Doubt there are too many Cavallini families in Southern ON.

He is, he's a winger. He goes to York University at the moment, but has been a standout player for Woodbridge the last couple of years and I reckon he has a good chance of making it into the CPL.

14 hours ago, Zem said:

He is, he's a winger. He goes to York University at the moment, but has been a standout player for Woodbridge the last couple of years and I reckon he has a good chance of making it into the CPL.

So he's playing for York U and Woodbridge at the same time? That takes some serious commitment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived