shermanator

Cyle Larin

I think Larin should be recalled for the match in Orlando, his old stomping grounds. He made his name at Orlando, had a controversial exit, and had haters say he wouldn't make it at Besiktas.

Fast forward 18 months and he's away from Besiktas on loan, but he's found his feet in Belgium. He's scoring and making assists, showing he has what it takes to make it in Europe.

Now would be an excellent opportunity to bring him back. He must have a chip on his shoulder and some new-found confidence. All the ingredients are there for Larin to have a big game in this one, whether from the bench or from the start.

I am curious if Larin asked to be left with the club knowing that he would likely be nailed to the bench for much of the US game.   He is doing well at the club right now and may have wanted to stay and build on that.   

Whatever it is, I hope he and Herdman are still good going forward.  Larin is still young and still could be a big contributor.  

Larin at Zulte is better then Larin at Beşiktaş, I’d be okay with a permanent move. I feel like the Belgium league has more depth in skill league wise while Larin can be one of the main men.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

His club has been in the upper half of the table all season. They are sitting in 6th at the moment. Cyle Larin is statistically their best attacker, with 6 G and 5 A in 15 Belgian First Division games. He also scored a goal in the Belgian Cup. 

Remember in Belgium the top 6 will play in the Championship round. David and Gent were involved in this last season. If ZW can sneak in this year, Larin could do some damage on the big clubs and perhaps attract some suitors.

The path back to Besiktas will be tough. The Turkish player who came in for the CF role is a Super Lig vet and a 50-time capped Turkish international with over 20 goals. He has nearly scored a goal every other game for Besiktas and has worn the armband on occasion this season. 

Considering all of that, yes I wouldn't be mad if Larin's loan became permanent. Even better if a bigger club in Belgium buy him...

Edited by Obinna

Hate to think it, but could there be a legal reason Larin isn’t with the team (related to his Florida DUI)?  

Just speculating of course — I like the sound of him staying to finalize a contract better. 

41 minutes ago, shorty said:

Hate to think it, but could there be a legal reason Larin isn’t with the team (related to his Florida DUI)?  

Just speculating of course — I like the sound of him staying to finalize a contract better. 

He played for Orlando after the DUI

Just doing some figuring....Pozeulo was getting 5g and a pile of assists  leading the charge for Genk, comes over and gets a dozen goals in MLS.  Larin was scoring a dozen a year in MLS, and has 5g and 5a already in half a season.  Hmmmm...seems like Larin should be getting more respect.  

53 minutes ago, Kent said:

Now watch me eat a whole bucket of KFC and then dominate him.

I cant watch that clown on ESPN anymore, although I do love it when Burley takes his jabs at US soccer.  

24 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I cant watch that clown on ESPN anymore, although I do love it when Burley takes his jabs at US soccer.  

Burley is so sensible, his rant after the last game was beautiful

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/canada-usmnt-preview-nations-league-john-herdman-interview/ 

Herdman states Larin was picked for the squad but has genuine personal reasons why he can’t be there. Also, Hutchinson has been in regular contact with Herdman and he hasn’t closed the door on Canada yet but he’s no spring chicken so his minutes have to be managed. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/canada-usmnt-preview-nations-league-john-herdman-interview/ 

Herdman states Larin was picked for the squad but has genuine personal reasons why he can’t be there. Also, Hutchinson has been in regular contact with Herdman and he hasn’t closed the door on Canada yet but he’s no spring chicken so his minutes have to be managed. 

With regards to Hutch, he’ll be 37 in February. It appears his body is telling him he cant handle the punishment of international duty.

At what point do Hutch and Herdman mutually agree that its time to move to the next chapter and allow for the younger guys who have been in camp to take the torch. I mean technically they already have but you can only “leave the door open” for so long at his age. 

Also glad to hear Larin was picked, hope to see him in the new year. 

Edited by king1010

24 minutes ago, king1010 said:

With regards to Hutch, he’ll be 37 in February. It appears his body is telling him he cant handle the punishment of international duty.

At what point do Hutch and Herdman mutually agree that its time to move to the next chapter and allow for the younger guys who have been in camp to take the torch. I mean technically they already have but you can only “leave the door open” for so long at his age. 

I confidently believe that once we get to see what Estaquio is really capable of the “will Hutch accept the call” anxiety ahead of each camp will dissipate. 

31 minutes ago, king1010 said:

I think we will see the return of Hutch if he signs with a club in Canada. A lot less travel than from Turkey.

1 hour ago, soccer.shocker said:

I confidently believe that once we get to see what Estaquio is really capable of the “will Hutch accept the call” anxiety ahead of each camp will dissipate. 

I think it has already gone. The supporters understand we have a 37yo legend, still playing in a top European league. If he's there he's there. But we have Arfield, Piette, Osorio, Kaye all worthy of playing now.