Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You know, Shamrock, it really depends. If our entire starting 11 was playing in Turkey top flight we'd probably make the HEX every time, hands down.

Say Larin played his entire career in Belgium, Portugal and Turkey, in that order and always in one of the top three sides. Always playing Europa League or Champions. We'd be in very good shape, though a higher goal and success, would be nice.

But face it: I can name about 5 Canadian players in this century who have played at a higher level for a sustained period in a better league than Turkey: Radz, Stalteri, Julian...oh, and who else?

Junior Hoilett at Blackburn, but I can understand if you didn't consider him Canadian at that point.

Atiba our best player by far plays in the Turkish league. If our whole 11 played there we would have 11 Atibas. Thats a lock to make the World Cup with only 32 teams. I'd he happy with that

I just threw that out because we are very ambitious with our predictions, in the case of Larin. And we don't need to be so ambitious if what we are looking for is national team success.

But realistically, the only striker or goal-scorer Canada has ever had with any continuity in a top 4 European league is Radzinski, And he was more an attacking wing or second striker. 

22 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Goal v NYCFC. Apparently his 8th goal in 7 career games vs New York

https://streamable.com/g9dos

Too Easy for him. He's becoming the Barry Sanders of MLS. Scoring is routine now and celebrations will soon cease altogether. He'll start doing the Ronaldo celebration from last year where he just pats the air with a blank expression telling everyone to calm down and it's not a big deal.

Edited by Macksam

33 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Too Easy for him. He's becoming the Barry Sanders of MLS. Scoring is routine now and celebrations will soon cease altogether. He'll start doing the Ronaldo celebration from last year where he just pats the air with a blank expression telling everyone to calm down and it's not a big deal.

I thought he did that to the opponents fans to shut them up

On 21-4-2017 at 7:07 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

You know, Shamrock, it really depends. If our entire starting 11 was playing in Turkey top flight we'd probably make the HEX every time, hands down.

Say Larin played his entire career in Belgium, Portugal and Turkey, in that order and always in one of the top three sides. Always playing Europa League or Champions. We'd be in very good shape, though a higher goal and success, would be nice.

But face it: I can name about 5 Canadian players in this century who have played at a higher level for a sustained period in a better league than Turkey: Radz, Stalteri, Julian...oh, and who else?

True, but my point was that Larin is more talented than Hutch. Atiba has had a great career, i think he has grown continuously and pushed it to the max. However Larin's starting point is a lot higher, so I hope his ceiling is too.