Jump to content
shermanator

Cyle Larin

Recommended Posts

Hasn't played any friendlies yet. Will need to make a big impression as Zulte has signed Gianni Bruno today, and Saido Berahino has been training with the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jordan said:

Hasn't played any friendlies yet. Will need to make a big impression as Zulte has signed Gianni Bruno today, and Saido Berahino has been training with the club.

Thats some decent competition he is up against for minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, jordan said:

Hasn't played any friendlies yet. Will need to make a big impression as Zulte has signed Gianni Bruno today, and Saido Berahino has been training with the club.

I read a love-in in the press between Berahino and the Zulte manager, which is not great news but nothing official and he remains a Stoke player.  They start their campaign tonight, I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ansem said:

Larin started and is currently playing

Better signs, so far.  Played 90' . With Gianni Bruno in the side.   

I found some highlights but they were short and all they showed me was that his team was pretty awful at taking penalties (not him) and at keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Better signs, so far.  Played 90' . With Gianni Bruno in the side.   

I found some highlights but they were short and all they showed me was that his team was pretty awful at taking penalties (not him) and at keeper.

Soccerway lists Larin as missing a penalty... is that incorrect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Wow can't believe it's actually Olivier Deschacht still playing. 

When I saw the line ups on SofaScore I had the exact same reaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this thread, where Larin starts for Zulte Waregem, then you get someone amazed that Olivier Deschacht is still playing, then we get a video with Larin missing a penalty, and then we get a post where someone is also quite amazed that  Deschacht is still playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Hopefully he gets lots of pt this year. He should have gone to German top flight before Turkey. 

He isn’t close to good enough for the German top flight. If he didn’t make it in Turkey, and went to belgium. What makes you think he was good enough for Bundesliga ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reign said:

He isn’t close to good enough for the German top flight. If he didn’t make it in Turkey, and went to belgium. What makes you think he was good enough for Bundesliga ?

A mid/low tier team in Germany would have been a good start for him and his play style. He would have had a better chance there in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

A mid/low tier team in Germany would have been a good start for him and his play style. He would have had a better chance there in my opinion.

You’re underestimating the level of play in the German first division. He would’ve been able to play in the German second division but I doubt the first division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

A mid/low tier team in Germany would have been a good start for him and his play style. He would have had a better chance there in my opinion.

This may have been true before Larin entered this major funk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's obviously way out if shape for barely having played the last two years.

I agree Scorpion26 though that if he had the chance, Germany would have been better, especially not too big a club. He was never going to make it at Besiktas but It was probably too good to pass on. 

On a side note I wonder if all those hours in the gym are even good for him. All this bulking up might actually make him slower on the first meter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shamrock said:

He's obviously way out if shape for barely having played the last two years.

I agree Scorpion26 though that if he had the chance, Germany would have been better, especially not too big a club. He was never going to make it at Besiktas but It was probably too good to pass on. 

On a side note I wonder if all those hours in the gym are even good for him. All this bulking up might actually make him slower on the first meter. 

He actually looks leaner to me, not bulkier, so I doubt this is the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Stoke has taken the financial hit and released Berahino. Really hope that Larin's loan club do not go back in for that drunk driver.

This is sarcasm right. Larin has a DUI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...