shermanator

Cyle Larin

Hasn't played any friendlies yet. Will need to make a big impression as Zulte has signed Gianni Bruno today, and Saido Berahino has been training with the club.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Hasn't played any friendlies yet. Will need to make a big impression as Zulte has signed Gianni Bruno today, and Saido Berahino has been training with the club.

Thats some decent competition he is up against for minutes. 

On 7/24/2019 at 3:31 PM, jordan said:

I read a love-in in the press between Berahino and the Zulte manager, which is not great news but nothing official and he remains a Stoke player.  They start their campaign tonight, I believe. 

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

Larin started and is currently playing

Better signs, so far.  Played 90' . With Gianni Bruno in the side.   

I found some highlights but they were short and all they showed me was that his team was pretty awful at taking penalties (not him) and at keeper.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Better signs, so far.  Played 90' . With Gianni Bruno in the side.   

I found some highlights but they were short and all they showed me was that his team was pretty awful at taking penalties (not him) and at keeper.

Soccerway lists Larin as missing a penalty... is that incorrect?

8 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Wow can't believe it's actually Olivier Deschacht still playing. 

When I saw the line ups on SofaScore I had the exact same reaction

I like this thread, where Larin starts for Zulte Waregem, then you get someone amazed that Olivier Deschacht is still playing, then we get a video with Larin missing a penalty, and then we get a post where someone is also quite amazed that  Deschacht is still playing. 

2 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

Hopefully he gets lots of pt this year. He should have gone to German top flight before Turkey. 

He isn’t close to good enough for the German top flight. If he didn’t make it in Turkey, and went to belgium. What makes you think he was good enough for Bundesliga ?

2 hours ago, Reign said:

He isn’t close to good enough for the German top flight. If he didn’t make it in Turkey, and went to belgium. What makes you think he was good enough for Bundesliga ?

A mid/low tier team in Germany would have been a good start for him and his play style. He would have had a better chance there in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

A mid/low tier team in Germany would have been a good start for him and his play style. He would have had a better chance there in my opinion.

You’re underestimating the level of play in the German first division. He would’ve been able to play in the German second division but I doubt the first division.

3 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

This may have been true before Larin entered this major funk. 

He's obviously way out if shape for barely having played the last two years.

I agree Scorpion26 though that if he had the chance, Germany would have been better, especially not too big a club. He was never going to make it at Besiktas but It was probably too good to pass on. 

On a side note I wonder if all those hours in the gym are even good for him. All this bulking up might actually make him slower on the first meter. 

10 hours ago, shamrock said:

He's obviously way out if shape for barely having played the last two years.

I agree Scorpion26 though that if he had the chance, Germany would have been better, especially not too big a club. He was never going to make it at Besiktas but It was probably too good to pass on. 

On a side note I wonder if all those hours in the gym are even good for him. All this bulking up might actually make him slower on the first meter. 

He actually looks leaner to me, not bulkier, so I doubt this is the case. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Stoke has taken the financial hit and released Berahino. Really hope that Larin's loan club do not go back in for that drunk driver.

This is sarcasm right. Larin has a DUI