Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I think TFC would be best for him or maybe England.

I would think if he's going to transfer anywhere else in Europe, from a cultural perspective, England would be the best choice. He speaks the language and he has experience driving on the left side of the road. Unfortunately getting a work permit in the UK can be complicated.

6 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

I would think if he's going to transfer anywhere else in Europe, from a cultural perspective, England would be the best choice. He speaks the language and he has experience driving on the left side of the road. Unfortunately getting a work permit in the UK can be complicated.

Lol.  10 points to Gryffindor.

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Does Orlando still own his rights or would Larin have been on the allocation list??  TFC did have the number 1 pick....not that long ago.  

Allocation list.  TFC is 24th ont he list. I'd be shocked that they would be able to move up to get Larin. And I'm sure there are other MLS teams who would be interested in him and I don'T think Larin could fall to TFC or that TFC could move up so high that they would be able to grab him after multiple teams pass on him.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:17 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Yilmaz is a player not a club. How can you set up a loan deal with Yilmaz, sell Larin to him as a personal assistant?

That tweet gives no basis to justify the conclusion about a loan, however much it may be in the works. Besiktas is actually short two strikers from last year, with Negredo and Tosun gone and no real replacement signed. 

Isn't it saying that they're bringing Yilmaz in, which increases the likelihood out Larin out?

If you thought the goal yesterday was easy.  Have a look at the two goals today.  Either way, good to see him get going on the scoresheet.

I guess...but making runs/being available for passes and crosses and being in the right spot to pot easy ones is something that good strikers do.  He has been a very streaky scorer, hopefully this will lead to him going on a tear.

They have been playing friendlies in Antalya against local and other European teams on winter break. Afjet Afyonspor is a Turkish 2nd tier team.

Even though that is south coast near Cyprus a lot of those guys are wearing gloves. I still find it odd they take a break in Turkey, half Spain is chilly in winter, and France, many northern European leagues, and they don't stop. 

They start up again on the weekend of Jan 20th. 

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Oh I imagine a lot of things look very different to Larin these days.  The promise of regular minutes again might make for strange bedfellows.  

Yeah, but even if Larin had an interest in coming back to MLS, I doubt very much the MLS forgets they're parting circumstances. MLS contracts players centrally, and the head office has the final say on any contract. Larin forced a transfer by basically telling them their entire "club option" system of contracting players wasn't legal. I think it's extremely unlikely he'll ever be employed in MLS again.