Cyle Larin

shermanator

22 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

I'm not sure how much you've seen of him lately but Larin has grown a ton over the last 2 years and does hustle a good amount. In fact Kreis went out of his way to talk about his hustle. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/03/18/newfound-versatility-key-larins-lethal-start-season%3Famp

Ok, I'll try to watch a whole game if something comes on and take a look, if he's stepped up that will be a great sign.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TRM said:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/04/14/orlando-citys-cyle-larin-complete-striker-eyes-superstar-status

MLS are sure making the most of him while he is around. He says he wants to try Europe at some point and Kaka has said "he's got what it takes to make it there".

That is one of the reasons why I think Orlando may grab AJH. They know Larin is gone soon.

Who's ajh

AJH = Anthony Jackson-Hamel. One of my favourite non-whitecap Canadians. He might not be the total replacement for a phenom like Larin but he seems to have all the tools and smarts for the game. Orlando got one gem from Canada and that will keep them open to players from north of the border due to their positive experience with Larin.

With a legend like Drogba and their depth at striker I can see why Montreal hasn't played him in MLS as much as I think he deserved but I can still see him being a star in the league. Just my humble opinion.

On 16-4-2017 at 3:57 PM, ThiKu said:

unless you watched Canada v. Mexico in Vancouver.

I was referring to this one particular goal. But if you want to go there, you think Messi hasn't missed an open chance in front of goal? These things happen, the only way to deal with them is not to let them distract you from the next chance. Which Larin has done obviously. Still Canada's most talented player by far IMO.

On 4/18/2017 at 6:33 AM, shamrock said:

I was referring to this one particular goal. But if you want to go there, you think Messi hasn't missed an open chance in front of goal? These things happen, the only way to deal with them is not to let them distract you from the next chance. Which Larin has done obviously. Still Canada's most talented player by far IMO.

Most talented by far? Mr. Hutchinson might have something to say about that.

The remark was "technically very impressive, especially under pressure." The TWO misses vs. Mexico suggest otherwise, on top of his wide open empty goal miss earlier in the competition as well. Larin has a long way to go re: his composure, and finishing. But, he's easily our biggest prospect at the moment.

24 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Larin's ceiling is hopefully a lot higher than the Turkish league. If that becomes his highpoint, I'd be very disappointed. 

You know, Shamrock, it really depends. If our entire starting 11 was playing in Turkey top flight we'd probably make the HEX every time, hands down.

Say Larin played his entire career in Belgium, Portugal and Turkey, in that order and always in one of the top three sides. Always playing Europa League or Champions. We'd be in very good shape, though a higher goal and success, would be nice.

But face it: I can name about 5 Canadian players in this century who have played at a higher level for a sustained period in a better league than Turkey: Radz, Stalteri, Julian...oh, and who else?

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

You know, Shamrock, it really depends. If our entire starting 11 was playing in Turkey top flight we'd probably make the HEX every time, hands down.

Say Larin played his entire career in Belgium, Portugal and Turkey, in that order and always in one of the top three sides. Always playing Europa League or Champions. We'd be in very good shape, though a higher goal and success, would be nice.

But face it: I can name about 5 Canadian players in this century who have played at a higher level for a sustained period in a better league than Turkey: Radz, Stalteri, Julian...oh, and who else?

Forrest?