Cyle Larin

shermanator

14 minutes ago, RS said:

Is the source Larin's Instagram account? Because he has clearly been posting from the GTA over the past several days.

Pretty sure it's not. Turkish media said that Larin is not in the plans and has been told to not show up at the first team camp in Antalya.

58 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Shame but his is an opportunity for him to hopefully regain his form and confidence heading into March and the GC.

He'll be better once he comes out on the other side of this.

It's pretty hard to regain form when you're getting frozen out of your club and possibly not playing for the remainder of the season.  Hopefully he finds somewhere to play because the current situation doesn't sound too promising.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

It's pretty hard to regain form when you're getting frozen out of your club and possibly not playing for the remainder of the season.  Hopefully he finds somewhere to play because the current situation doesn't sound too promising.

My bad, should have added the part about him going on loan. Of course without a loan he won't get anymore time this season by the sounds of things. 

Hoping that a loan does come to fruition at this point.

Edited by Obinna

Sounds like a loan deal. A player on contract cannot be prohibited from training, unless there are disciplinary factors. He has the right to show up for work and do his job. If he did not go to their winter camp, he is likely being lined up for a loan, and they don't want him to be injured on their time. 

It might be good for him to be on a team with less pressure, with more margin of error. He was initially rumoured to go to Osmanlispor, then to Ludogorets in Bulgaria, he has held on a full year. 

But Besiktas looks like they are unloading to rebuild, they are about the send Medel to West Ham, could lose Vida to Fulham, I even heard something about the loan from Torino for Lajic being turned around. Looks like major shifts and rebuilding. Even Pepe to Wolves I saw. If they ship out Larin as well that is a pretty good chunk of the team to have to recompose.

Is anything confirmed or is everyone just going off Turkish media?  I really have my doubts that this is the case.. especially when 99% of Turkish football media is made up.

Hes a young player who has been there one year and continues to feature.. why would they alienate him?  We can assume he’s not a high earner there.  

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sounds like a loan deal. A player on contract cannot be prohibited from training, unless there are disciplinary factors. He has the right to show up for work and do his job. If he did not go to their winter camp, he is likely being lined up for a loan, and they don't want him to be injured on their time. 

It might be good for him to be on a team with less pressure, with more margin of error. He was initially rumoured to go to Osmanlispor, then to Ludogorets in Bulgaria, he has held on a full year. 

But Besiktas looks like they are unloading to rebuild, they are about the send Medel to West Ham, could lose Vida to Fulham, I even heard something about the loan from Torino for Lajic being turned around. Looks like major shifts and rebuilding. Even Pepe to Wolves I saw. If they ship out Larin as well that is a pretty good chunk of the team to have to recompose.

37 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Is anything confirmed or is everyone just going off Turkish media?  I really have my doubts that this is the case.. especially when 99% of Turkish football media is made up.

Hes a young player who has been there one year and continues to feature.. why would they alienate him?  We can assume he’s not a high earner there.  

I can't help but think this is a signal that Besiktas are in serious financial trouble.

Medal to West Ham? Vida to Fulham? These are mature international players who play a lot of minutes. This is a major salary offloading. Lajic also, to return to Torino, would support this. And of course, even if he doesn't play so much anymore, talk of loaning out Pepe to Wolves must be about salary.

Maybe Larin's expected loan is more about development, since he's young and linked to remain in Turkey, where they can easily monitor him. Plus his salary musn't be huge, but if Besiktas are in financial trouble, it's just more incentive to get him off their books?

I am assuming here that clubs can offload some or all of a players salary as part of the loan agreement.

Edited by Obinna

Besiktas has a new stadium, major sponsors, and made money off Champions League last year. They do not seem to be signing rashly at all, in fact the opposite.

What I am thinking is that somehow under Erdogan's destruction of the public sphere and draconian repression measures, teams representing certain political positions are harder and harder to follow and support, and to sponsor, and are being pressured politically, affecting their results. This summer in Van I had a few Turkish students, it was during WC, and I asked them what teams their families or they supported and they refused to say in front of each other. I was a bit taken aback. Then, speaking to another younger student who had just come to study in Canada, he said they did not want to reveal their political leanings to each other openly.  

We know that Basaksehir is run by members of the ruling party, and since that has been the case, are rivalling the top three sides. They are also signing players based on political allegiance in many cases. I am really not sure how much Erdogan has tried to affect the workings of the top teams, and for what reasons.

Of course if Besiktas had properly managed themselves after last season, when they were dominant, the narrative would be different. Perhaps they simply did not sign well, and needed to plan the season a bit better. 

47 minutes ago, Coin Toss said:

Inconclusive, dubious, surprising

With Janson not being acquired, I thought perhaps TFC would be a decent loan destination.

Not the wide forward they reportedly wanted, but would give Jozy some short term competition.

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

Yilmaz is a player not a club. How can you set up a loan deal with Yilmaz, sell Larin to him as a personal assistant?

That tweet gives no basis to justify the conclusion about a loan, however much it may be in the works. Besiktas is actually short two strikers from last year, with Negredo and Tosun gone and no real replacement signed. 

Ive expected Larin to return to the MLS and here's why. When i watched that video of Atiba thriving in Turkey it was really great. But thats not for everyone, no disrespect but Larin seems a different person. Atiba is very outgoing, cultured, has a family. Larin seems shy and reserved.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is a cutlure shock both on and off the field. I think TFC would be best for him or maybe England. As a Caps fan im a little unsure if i would want him coming to Van. Just me spitballing from 10000 miles

Edited by SpursFlu