Cyle Larin

shermanator

To be fair, if you watched the last Besiktas Champions League game, they are a pretty sloppy team as well, they have talent but are not overly precise passing. I think they get away with stuff no team in any top Euro league could. But they do have strong players and have a great home atmosphere, which compensates. 

I personally believe if he goes there, he will get minutes in league almost immediately if he is game fit. As for him playing in Champions, well that is another question at this stage, when its knock-out and everything is on the line. 

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

To be fair, if you watched the last Besiktas Champions League game, they are a pretty sloppy team as well, they have talent but are not overly precise passing. I think they get away with stuff no team in any top Euro league could. But they do have strong players and have a great home atmosphere, which compensates. 

I personally believe if he goes there, he will get minutes in league almost immediately if he is game fit. As for him playing in Champions, well that is another question at this stage, when its knock-out and everything is on the line. 

I agree with that assessment of Besiktas and yes they can probaby get away with a lack of passing sharpness because there are few teams that will punish them for it.

That being said, I hope you are right about Larin getting league minutes, should he transfer there.

I am not convinced he can consistently contribute in the build up play. I have no doubt he can score, but if plays breakdown when he gets the ball, he won't be on the pitch long enough to score.

At the same time, his contribution in the All-star game last year gives me hope (I think it was last year, not this year).

I was very impressed that Cyle could hold his own in posession with better teammates (MLS allstars) against better competition (whatever big club they played - Arsenal?). Can he do that consistently, hopefully time will tell. I want him out of Orlando and MLS.

Edited by Obinna

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Wouldnt mind either of those at this point, but in general i do not think he is good enough yet to play regularly in the EPL, so I prefer Celtic or Besiktas 

West Brom starts with a loan to Belgium or Netherlands it seems. I hope he doesn't do Celtic 

13 hours ago, matty said:

West Brom starts with a loan to Belgium or Netherlands it seems. I hope he doesn't do Celtic 

A loan to either of those countries would be exactly what he needs. Cyle Larin today will not make an impact at West Brom in the EPL, but Cyle Larin after a year at Genk or Feynoord or AZ Alkmaar might. Again though, why go on a loan when you can get a commitment from Celtic or Besiktas? They would be the safer plays, especially Celtic..

21 hours ago, Obinna said:

A loan to either of those countries would be exactly what he needs. Cyle Larin today will not make an impact at West Brom in the EPL, but Cyle Larin after a year at Genk or Feynoord or AZ Alkmaar might. Again though, why go on a loan when you can get a commitment from Celtic or Besiktas? They would be the safer plays, especially Celtic..

What I want to see is a team/league that will set Larin up for future success.  He still has room to develop.  As much as I would love to see him in Eredivisie (I would cheer everyone of his goals), that league has not been good at developing strikers lately (see Altidore and Janssen at AZ and their disappointing next steps). 

West Brom under Pardew may not be terrible as Pardew is decent about giving players chances (one could say he rotates too much).  But let's face it, Pardew is not likely to be a long term appointment.

On paper Besiktas and Celtic look like a good level.  Anyone know how those teams are at improving strikers?  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

That same website is reporting that Demba Ba will also "come to Besiktas" on a 2.5 year deal.  Not good if Larin has to fight for a spot with Cenk Tosun, Alvaro Negredo, and Demba Ba.

I think he will go out on loan of this Besiktas move indeed happens. I said before if Larin moves to Besiktas there's a good chance he goes out on loan. I would keep that prediction regardless of whether Demba Ba returns or not.

Orlando fans are speculating the transfer fee will be below 3 million american. That is the sort of money I would expect Besiktas to spend on a project, not a guy who's going to compete for a spot right away. Of course, he was a project when he first joined Orlando, so I hope he surprises me again! 

I would be over the moon to see him start scoring right away, but I would rather him go on loan than rot on the bench. 

20 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

My first thought was there better be an Atiba to Cyle  "Come to Besiktas" viral video

The little boy is Atiba's son, Noah.. future CMNT baller and already has 250 k followers.  

Edited by Keegan