Cyle Larin

shermanator

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

You're probably right. Could be a nice boost to the squad if we make it through. 

If we make it through without him, the players who got us there deserve to be on the roster opposed to him

Edited by Guest

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

True but there is bound to be at least one player get injured during the first round with that many games and travel over so few days

Yea I was going to mention injury being and exeption

I wouldn't be so close minded. What if the starter striker has stinkers every game and someone else scores and gets us through. 

Goes without saying if it ain't broke don't fix it if EVERYONE is playing well. Would possibly be a dent to morale. But Larin is likely a step up from all the strikers when on form. Could definitely be a confidence boost for the squad in the right circumstances.

14 hours ago, canta15 said:

If we make it through without him, the players who got us there deserve to be on the roster opposed to him

Unless there is an injury, and in either case if we make it to the knockout rounds, he should have to compete to earn his spot back from whichever striker gets us there.

45 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Unless there is an injury, and in either case if we make it to the knockout rounds, he should have to compete to earn his spot back from whichever striker gets us there.

14 hours ago, canta15 said:

Yea I was going to mention injury being and exeption

So he is ok to play for Orlando but not for Canada until maybe the knockout stage if and that is a big if, we make it , makes no sense. So let me put it another way, a talented Canadian hockey player gets caught drinking and driving is suspended by the NHL but is reinstated to play in the NHL just a few games before the Olympics, you really think the Canadian Olympic hockey team would leave him off the Olympic hockey roster now that the NHL cleared him to play, highly doubt it, and with all the talented hockey players Canada has they could easily compensate for him being left off, but now in soccer you know a sport we are so good at we have the luxury of making an example of one of our more talented players ya ok.

Edited by 1996

37 minutes ago, 1996 said:

So he is ok to play for Orlando but not for Canada until maybe the knockout stage if and that is a big if, we make it , makes no sense. So let me put it another way, a talented Canadian hockey player gets caught drinking and driving is suspended by the NHL but is reinstated to play in the NHL just a few games before the Olympics, you really think the Canadian Olympic hockey team would leave him off the Olympic hockey roster now that the NHL cleared him to play, highly doubt it, and with all the talented hockey players Canada has they could easily compensate for him being left off, but now in soccer you know a sport we are so good at we have the luxury of making an example of one of our more talented players ya ok.

Canada Soccer doesn't have to be like Hockey Canada. Maybe soccer Canada wants to hold their players to a higher standard. Just because the situation may have played out differently in another sport doesn't mean what Canada Soccer did was wrong. 

There is no right or wrong move in this situation. Either or will be criticized. CSA was well within their rights to not call him up.  

1 hour ago, 1996 said:

Agree. But rather comparing us with Hockey Canada you'd have to compare us instead with hockey Latvia or hockey Italy. Hockey Canada has an incredible amount of attacking depth and superstars. CSA does not.

Not sure the reason for not choosing Cyle when cleared by MLS but sounds like a cuck move.

We need him and he's also a player used to playing in the conditions in Texas. Another player excluded and used to the hot weather in Texas (where we will play two group games) is Tesho.  

40 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

Agree. But rather comparing us with Hockey Canada you'd have to compare us instead with hockey Latvia or hockey Italy. Hockey Canada has an incredible amount of attacking depth and superstars. CSA does not.

Not sure the reason for not choosing Cyle when cleared by MLS but sounds like a cuck move.

We need him and he's also a player used to playing in the conditions in Texas. Another player excluded and used to the hot weather in Texas (where we will play two group games) is Tesho.  

How is it a cuck move? What does cuck even mean now? I feel like that word has zero meaning now because it was thrown around at every action and opinion.

I'm not criticising you but I'm just blah with the word cuck. I have a co-worker who uses it for everything from the nation of Sweden to people who listen to Danny Brown and watch MMA. He described Garth Marenghi's Darkplace as a show about a cuck

12 minutes ago, matty said:

How is it a cuck move? What does cuck even mean now? I feel like that word has zero meaning now because it was thrown around at every action and opinion.

I'm not criticising you but I'm just blah with the word cuck. I have a co-worker who uses it for everything from the nation of Sweden to people who listen to Danny Brown and watch MMA. He described Garth Marenghi's Darkplace as a show about a cuck

The way I interpret the word is being subservant or submissive to others benefit/pleasure while hindering or detracting your own

5 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Remember that Larin is still in rehab, it just happens to be local rehab in Orlando. Canada is not playing in Orlando.

Yeah what I meant and should've said is Larin is used to playing intense hot weather conditions similar to that in Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

The way I interpret the word is being subservant or submissive to others benefit/pleasure while hindering or detracting your own

See this is why the term is so goddamn weird. Like cuckholds are largely either unaware or in on it for their own pleasure so neither works for submissiveness. It's just a weird term to me.

I really really wish Larin didn't make such a stupid decision. I want to see him in our starting XI because I think he is our best striker hands down.

That being said I am totally okay with him not being there for the group stage. If this was a WCQ it might be different and his call up situation might be too but it's not. 

We always talk about wanting players who are proud to put on the jersey, and no doubt Larin is. Also I think we should be okay with leaving out players (in the short term) because of poor conduct off the field. Even if the MLS had done nothing and even if it means fielding a less competitive lineup.

i will always support our players and I hope this is a spring board for Cyle to get into the right mindset for club and country but I also want to maintain the culture of throwing on the Canadian jersey as a honour not a right.

(that being said pls captie the 'loosely connected to Canada and very keen to play for Italy' Bryan Cristane at your earliest convenience, thx) 

Cyle Larin's absence from the Canadian soccer team could be a short one.

Coach Octavio Zambrano said Wednesday that he plans to recall the Orlando City star striker for the knockout stage of the Gold Cup.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/orlando-city-star-cyle-larin-told-he-can-expect-canada-recall-at-gold-cup-1.3480395

Edited by king1010

10 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Cyle Larin's absence from the Canadian soccer team could be a short one.

Coach Octavio Zambrano said Wednesday that he plans to recall the Orlando City star striker for the knockout stage of the Gold Cup.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/orlando-city-star-cyle-larin-told-he-can-expect-canada-recall-at-gold-cup-1.3480395

I love that confidence. He expects us to make the knockout stage.