Cyle Larin

shermanator

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If you pay a transfer and then offer a corresponding salary to someone like Larin, you are not going to keep him if you drop a division. You can't pay for him. So you'd seek a loan at least to a team that could cover his salary.

I'd say he is making half a million euros or slightly more, not sure but just guessing [edit: after checking think it is closer to a million euros, or higher]. No team can pay that in Ligue 2. 

In any case, I think Besiktas will realise they won't get the fee they want this winter, and since he is helping them fight for the league and a Champions spot they'll stay with him. But that does not mean that a move to France would not be great.

According to this it’s 1.6 million euros.

That’s big money. As he was on a free and hyped at the time they likely had to pay over. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Disagree with most here. Transfer to Dijon or to PSV? Go for it. Especially France.

If you get a chance to take a step up when you are hot, take it. Goals for Dijon, even if they relegate, would raise his cachet enormously, he'd likely stay up in Ligue 1 regardless. 

France is ranked 5th in Europe. Turkey is 13th. Dutch league is 8th. Of course this is based on club performance in Europe and in fact Belgium ranks higher than Turkey, so what do I know?

I don't think any team has money to pay for a transfer right now, unless they ship someone out this window, so I seriously doubt this is the right selling moment for Besiktas.

Playing with for a struggling team will not help him much. Larin needs a solid group around him to thrive, and i doubt he'll be scoring a lot with a team who can't provide much for him to work with

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That’s big money. As he was on a free and hyped at the time they likely had to pay over. 

Recall him signing well.  Million and change rings true.  A worthy investment it's looking like at this point.  

He's young, found his paces and it's hard to justify leaving a winning side.  A lot of conditions have to be right to leave behind something that's going so "right".  Dijon isn't that something.

That being said, having watched some French top flight this year I've come away with the impression some of these teams are only the right player or two away from being something entirely else.

Dijon has been in top flight for 5 years now. They have a lot of scoreless draws, and not that many losses compared to other teams. Their defence is decent but they are the lowest scoring team in the league. So looking for a striker makes sense. 

From what I have seen Atiba is one of the lowest paid players at Besiktas, amongst starters, and has been for a while. Maybe his age? 

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Same old thing here.. a player bounces around for a couple years, finally gets comfortable and playing well and everyone wants him to jump to another team.  If Turkey is good enough for our best player ever..why not for Larin??  

This. 

I get that we are all keen on having all of our guys play at the highest level possible but Larin is doing really well right now - why disrupt things?  David is a case study in why an upward move is not always the right choice.  

I am in no rush to see Larin move, yet again, and have to hit reset.  

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Dijon has been in top flight for 5 years now. They have a lot of scoreless draws, and not that many losses compared to other teams. Their defence is decent but they are the lowest scoring team in the league. So looking for a striker makes sense. 

From what I have seen Atiba is one of the lowest paid players at Besiktas, amongst starters, and has been for a while. Maybe his age? 

Hasnt he been signing one year deals for less and less the last few seasons??  He is happy there and they are happy to have him, as long as he isnt breaking the bank.  Neither side wants he to go elsewhere.   

39 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Hasnt he been signing one year deals for less and less the last few seasons??  He is happy there and they are happy to have him, as long as he isnt breaking the bank.  Neither side wants he to go elsewhere.   

I believe he is also being groomed to coach or take a FO spot so he's employed for life essentially there.

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Can we laugh at that defender marking him? Yes, probably safe to let the guy who just scored 4 against you into the six unmarked. 

Probably, but Cyle does seem to have a physical advantage on the guy, and he was also quicker to read the play and react to the incoming ball (he had already made a fair bit of distance between his defender well before the ball was redirected by his teammate's header)

23 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He costed them 2M cause Orlando trashed him for wanting to take a deal worth 10x what he was making then, after they of course weren’t willing to pay him more than what 300k ?