Cyle Larin

shermanator

The player who is topping the Turkish scoring is Aaron Boupendza from Hatayspor.  I watched some highlights of him from the Turkish BeIn Sports site and he, pound for pound, might be a better striker than Larin.  What might be holding him back is his attitude-it seems like it’s always about him whereas there’s now a certain selflessness about Cyle.  I think him and David would be quite the striking duo.

57 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The player who is topping the Turkish scoring is Aaron Boupendza from Hatayspor.  I watched some highlights of him from the Turkish BeIn Sports site and he, pound for pound, might be a better striker than Larin.  What might be holding him back is his attitude-it seems like it’s always about him whereas there’s now a certain selflessness about Cyle.  I think him and David would be quite the striking duo.

I noticed that yesterday as well. Boupendza actually seemed annoyed that his teammates kept congratulating him on his goal and wanted to do his tough guy stance for the cameras. I would be annoyed if my teammate did that.

59 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Down the road, Michael Baldisimo spraying accurate passes to David and Larin running into space would be a thing to watch!

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In the short to medium term I think you could slot Eustaquio into that quarterback role easily.  

I have not see Eustaquio play, but by most accounts, he has a very good command of passing smartly and accurately. I would love to see him play a few with the CMNT.

6 hours ago, JamboAl said:

there’s now a certain selflessness about Cyle

I was thinking last year that he was passing the ball a little too much in and around the box when he could have taken a shot and perhaps needed to be a little more selfish. He seems to have found a better balance this year.

Here is the article. Club being mentioned is Dijon, which is in the relegation zone. So, not a great move for him.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cyle-larin-linked-with-move-to-france-besiktas-asking-price-above-market-value/view/news/377669

I would actually be surprised if he stays longer than another season or 2. Looking at most Turkish teams, besides the odd Turk, there are very few players that play for an extended period of time for the same club.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/cyle-larin-linked-with-move-to-france-besiktas-asking-price-above-market-value/view/news/377669

Veth says the Ligue 1 club is Dijon FCO, who currently sit 18/20 in the table. Also says teams from England, Germany and the Netherlands are monitoring the situation. 

EDIT: Don’t know how legit Zeki Uzundurukan is (131k Twitter followers) but apparently PSV offered €7M for Larin but Besiktas want €15M (other sources say they only want €10M so this seems conflicting).

Edited by Atlantic

27 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

He's better off staying put for now, no sense in going to a club fighting relegation. More suitors will continue to pop up as long as he keeps scoring.

I don’t even know if we can consider that a lateral move right now. He should stay at Beşiktaş for sure unless Leeds is still interested. 

Disagree with most here. Transfer to Dijon or to PSV? Go for it. Especially France.

If you get a chance to take a step up when you are hot, take it. Goals for Dijon, even if they relegate, would raise his cachet enormously, he'd likely stay up in Ligue 1 regardless. 

France is ranked 5th in Europe. Turkey is 13th. Dutch league is 8th. Of course this is based on club performance in Europe and in fact Belgium ranks higher than Turkey, so what do I know?

I don't think any team has money to pay for a transfer right now, unless they ship someone out this window, so I seriously doubt this is the right selling moment for Besiktas.

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Disagree with most here. Transfer to Dijon or to PSV? Go for it. Especially France.

If you get a chance to take a step up when you are hot, take it. Goals for Dijon, even if they relegate, would raise his cachet enormously, he'd likely stay up in Ligue 1 regardless. 

France is ranked 5th in Europe. Turkey is 13th. Dutch league is 8th. Of course this is based on club performance in Europe and in fact Belgium ranks higher than Turkey, so what do I know?

I don't think any team has money to pay for a transfer right now, unless they ship someone out this window, so I seriously doubt this is the right selling moment for Besiktas.

I think a PSV move is worth taking, but Dijon are bottom of the table in France. We are not talking about bottom of the EPL or the Bundesliga, where a relegation would still have him playing in a decent league. Ligue 2 is significantly lower than 2.Bundesliga or the Championship, or at least I imagine it is. The prospect of Dijon getting relegated is not worth the risk.  

33 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think a PSV move is worth taking, but Dijon are bottom of the table in France. We are not talking about bottom of the EPL or the Bundesliga, where a relegation would still have him playing in a decent league. Ligue 2 is significantly lower than 2.Bundesliga or the Championship, or at least I imagine it is. The prospect of Dijon getting relegated is not worth the risk.  

If you pay a transfer and then offer a corresponding salary to someone like Larin, you are not going to keep him if you drop a division. You can't pay for him. So you'd seek a loan at least to a team that could cover his salary.

I'd say he is making half a million euros or slightly more, not sure but just guessing [edit: after checking think it is closer to a million euros, or higher]. No team can pay that in Ligue 2. 

In any case, I think Besiktas will realise they won't get the fee they want this winter, and since he is helping them fight for the league and a Champions spot they'll stay with him. But that does not mean that a move to France would not be great.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If you pay a transfer and then offer a corresponding salary to someone like Larin, you are not going to keep him if you drop a division. You can't pay for him. So you'd seek a loan at least to a team that could cover his salary.

I'd say he is making half a million euros or slightly more, not sure but just guessing [edit: after checking think it is closer to a million euros, or higher]. No team can pay that in Ligue 2. 

In any case, I think Besiktas will realise they won't get the fee they want this winter, and since he is helping them fight for the league and a Champions spot they'll stay with him. But that does not mean that a move to France would not be great.

Doesn't that seem like a bit of a risk though? If Larin doesn't succeed with Dijon (and I remember their Lille game where they barely touched the ball) will he have a Besiktas-level club to fall back on?