Aron Winter

Macksam

On 2016-12-16 at 0:08 PM, paul-collins said:

At the time the Klinsmann project was being sold to the fan base as a multi year project, but it never had the time to bear fruit for Aron.  

This is also important to consider. The three stooges running the club at this time had no clue what they were doing or how to get things on track. You bring in Klinsmann as some marketing gimmick to once again try and save season ticket renewals and clearly select the wrong candidate offered. FWIW Winter seemed like a nice guy, probably better suited in a technical role, and had zero business trying to lead a senior team.

• 3 weeks later...

A little off topic but I once saw Aron Winter participating in a 7-a-side tournament in Hong Kong as a part of a Dutch masters team. I had my South China jersey but a TFC scarf on. When I walked up to him and said I was a TFC fan, he promptly turned around and walked off. I assume he was expecting some sorta vitriol from me though I actually was going to say I was a big fan of him. I had to get my wife to go ask for a photo with me after the game instead lol. 

Archived