Impact offseason 2016-17

Blackdude

According to the MLS website the Impact have signed former TFC left-sided midfielder Daniel Lovitz, although the MLS site is referring to Lovitz as a defender, which he only played once or twice as when with Toronto.

I think I would have preferred to have kept Tissot for this position rather than acquire Lovitz for it, if I were an Impact fan. Lovitz can whip in a good cross but also can frustrate the hell out of you with his play (at least that was my experience when he was at TFC).

3 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

I think Lovitz is more willing to be a substitute, where as it seemed Tissot wanted playing time, which he got at the Fury, but then they went USL and so he made the jump back to DC United.

Ummm, okay.  Let's go with that.

4 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

According to the MLS website the Impact have signed former TFC left-sided midfielder Daniel Lovitz, although the MLS site is referring to Lovitz as a defender, which he only played once or twice as when with Toronto.

I think I would have preferred to have kept Tissot for this position rather than acquire Lovitz for it, if I were an Impact fan. Lovitz can whip in a good cross but also can frustrate the hell out of you with his play (at least that was my experience when he was at TFC).

If my memory is correct, in one of the interviews he gave Tissot said he asked to be released so he could go somewhere to get more playing time. As an Impact fan I would prefer Tissot over Lovitz. As a Canada fan I prefer Lovitz being the guy who is backup and not getting much playing time while behind our team's and possibly the league's best player. Even as a left back he won't get much time behind Oyongo. You can never predict what will happen with injuries and such but Tissot has more chance to get playing time in DC than he would with the Impact. Even more important he has a better chance to win a starting position there than at the Impact because as long as Piatti and Oyongo are on the team Tissot is never going to be a starter at either position.

5 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

To me they're both "just another guy" type of players.  Curious to see how Tissot's season at DC United plays out.

4 hours ago, Grizzly said:

If my memory is correct, in one of the interviews he gave Tissot said he asked to be released so he could go somewhere to get more playing time. As an Impact fan I would prefer Tissot over Lovitz. As a Canada fan I prefer Lovitz being the guy who is backup and not getting much playing time while behind our team's and possibly the league's best player. Even as a left back he won't get much time behind Oyongo. You can never predict what will happen with injuries and such but Tissot has more chance to get playing time in DC than he would with the Impact. Even more important he has a better chance to win a starting position there than at the Impact because as long as Piatti and Oyongo are on the team Tissot is never going to be a starter at either position.

Isn't Kemp their left back? He had a strong showing last season. He's not getting linked to European clubs like Oyongo (who I really like), but he did make his USMNT debut in Janurary. Will be tough to win a spot for Tissot but I'm rooting for him. 

12 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Isn't Kemp their left back? He had a strong showing last season. He's not getting linked to European clubs like Oyongo (who I really like), but he did make his USMNT debut in Janurary. Will be tough to win a spot for Tissot but I'm rooting for him. 

I think Tissot is being brought in to play a similar role as Lovitz for the Impact, as both left wing and left back backup and competition.  With Kemp at LB and Nyarko and Neagle as wingers who both play both sides he will have strong competition but it is not nearly as impossible as deplacing Piatti. 

You know with the Cap, there's always going to be designated starters and designated back-ups. You could draw the line pretty easily according to salary, you wouldn't even have to see the players. However there's always the possibility to show that you're worth more, once the opportunity presents itself. 

• 7 months later...

Archived