Supporters Outside of Initial Markets

Copes

Curious if there is anyone else here with plans to support the league but with no expectations of being in a launch market.

I'm in St. John's, Newfoundland. I was born and raised just outside Halifax, Nova Scotia. I don't expect either of those markets to see a team in the first year of the Can PL, but as someone who has always wanted an Atlantic Canadian professional soccer team, I feel like the launch of this league is the best chance I have to see it happen. Provided that the support is there nationally, the Canadian Premier League really could bring soccer to markets that will never have a shot with the MLS. 

Anyone else from less popular parts of the country getting on board primarily due to what this league could become, and what it could do for soccer in your area? Are you seeing any other interest locally? 

Our though in KW is basically to start a "We want Pro soccer in KW" campaign. We're not an SG because we don't actually have a team to support but we are campaigning to have Pro soccer here in some form.

We'll see how that works. Obviously, the only pro soccer we can expect is CPL. But the case is we don't care who brings the CPL to us or how, we just need a professional team to get the region going.

6 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

Our though in KW is basically to start a "We want Pro soccer in KW" campaign. We're not an SG because we don't actually have a team to support but we are campaigning to have Pro soccer here in some form.

We'll see how that works. Obviously, the only pro soccer we can expect is CPL. But the case is we don't care who brings the CPL to us or how, we just need a professional team to get the region going.

I think that's an excellent idea. It's pretty clear from the Twitter dialogue, etc that the CanPL folks are looking for people to do exactly that ... start movements that begin to demonstrate that there are local people keen on pro soccer. The fact that you guys have a connection to a local soccer org is even better.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:46 AM, Copes said:

Curious if there is anyone else here with plans to support the league but with no expectations of being in a launch market.

I'm in St. John's, Newfoundland. I was born and raised just outside Halifax, Nova Scotia. I don't expect either of those markets to see a team in the first year of the Can PL, but as someone who has always wanted an Atlantic Canadian professional soccer team, I feel like the launch of this league is the best chance I have to see it happen. Provided that the support is there nationally, the Canadian Premier League really could bring soccer to markets that will never have a shot with the MLS. 

Anyone else from less popular parts of the country getting on board primarily due to what this league could become, and what it could do for soccer in your area? Are you seeing any other interest locally? 

not sure if you saw but it's looking like Halifax might be poised to get a team.  Not sure how much you can do to help from st. johns, but I think they've got a facebook page and twitter account @garmc

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2016 at 9:46 AM, Copes said:

Depends what you mean by "support".

Bought the t-shirt?  Hells yeah.

Excited about the league and  planning to watch on TV and in person when traveling? Yup.

Planning to be part of an organized supporter's group where I go to meetings and rile up the locals?  Alas, no.

Archived